Wiki Posts
Search

Nature Air vs. Sansa for SJO to Tambor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Nature Air vs. Sansa for SJO to Tambor

Headed to a wedding in Tambor beginning of April and due to work constraints will need to fly to SJO late Friday, spend the night, and then continue on to Tambor Saturday. Both airlines have ample availability for the dates.

Any information on Nature Air v. Sansa? I have checked out online and Nature has tickets for half the price but allowing only 15lbs of luggage. Sansa allows 30 and $1/lb over, but is based on "availability" for oversided luggage. Safety records appeared to be more or less equivalent, and both get 5/7 stars from airlineratings.com. Also, it appears that at one point Nature may have operated from an airport that is not SJO, but this does not appear to be the case any longer. Anyone have experience with one or both they care to share?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Either is fine. Go with the one that fits your schedule. As you've found, Nature Air has a wide variety of fares, some of which permit very little luggage. Sansa allows overages, but when they'l transport your excess baggage is subject to availability.

Both operate out of Juan Santamaria Airport (SJO): Sansa, all; Nature Air, most. Sansa has its small own terminal, about 100 yards from the main terminal; Nature Air's operations are inside the main terminal.

Nature Air still operates a couple of flights from the much smaller Tobias Bolaños Airport (SYQ) which is much closer to the city, but that doesn't include the Tambor flights.

I would find a hotel close to the airport rather than going into San Jose because you'll have to be back early the next morning. SJO is about 30 minutes outside the city.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for this info! Very helpful.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
When I did this I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which was like 5 minutes from the airport. On nature air at least they leave from the same terminal as everyone else but they have their own special security which is a lot faster. They also do enforce the baggage rules. Good Luck, have you looked into flying into Liberia?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I don't believe there are any Liberia-Tambor flights, and a hefty chunk of overland route between the two would be pretty awful. In other words, typically bad Costa Rican roads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.