Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 Days in Panama Beyond Panama City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

4 Days in Panama Beyond Panama City

My wife and I will be in Panama City from Wed 12/23 to Sat 12/26.

Our flight back to the USA leaves PTY on Thursday 12/31, so we have Sunday to Wednesday to explore beyond Panama City.

We'd like to do:
- a rainforest zip line
- secluded beach (privacy is important)
- hikes with beautiful views
- maybe white water rafting
(We're young and in decent shape, but by no means experienced outdoorsmen.)

I am struggling to get enough information to put a plan together.

I'd be so grateful if some experienced Panama travelers could weigh in on:
1) Where do you think we should go?
2) Where do you recommend we stay? (Under $200/night)
3) How should we get around?
4) What will we need guides/operators for, and where do we find them? How far in advance should we book?
5) Will the fact that it's the week between Christmas and New Years make things more complicated?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:00 pm

I am by no means a Panama expert, however I've put a lot of planning into our trip there next month. Have you looked at spending time in Boquete? They offer three of the four things you're looking for, minus the beaches however those are accessible about an hour outside the city. Most of the places, especially the B&B's are easily under $200 a night. Rent a car, but definitely read up on the mandatory rental insurance requirement for Panama, it will add about $20 a day to your rental car costs.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It has been several years but zip lines in Panama were inferior to the lines in CR.

If you like fishing rent a guide/boat and fish for peacock bass in the canal. You can hear the howler monkeys calling each other. The size of the ships passing is an incredible sight.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by too2early
It has been several years but zip lines in Panama were inferior to the lines in CR.

If you like fishing rent a guide/boat and fish for peacock bass in the canal. You can hear the howler monkeys calling each other. The size of the ships passing is an incredible sight.
Thank you!

So I think I'd like to plan a one-day trip to San Blas on Sunday.

Then spend Monday --> Wednesday in Boquete. And back to Panama City Wednesday night before a Thursday flight.

Does that sound like a good plan?

What's the best (affordable) way to do a day trip to San Blas?

Is there a better (and equally accessible) place in Costa Rica than Boquete to go for our hiking/ziplining?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.