Best airport lounge of the 3 in PTY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Question Best airport lounge of the 3 in PTY?

Anyone have an opinion?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:41 am

Hope this may help.
I sent the following mail to Priority Pass:

Good day.

I'd like to report that I was refused entry to Panama - Tocumen International Lounge: Copa Club.
It was on 15 November around 5 pm.
The reason given was that at this time of the day they accept only first class and business class passengers. No Priority Pass allowed ;-(

Sincerely,
abeyro

PS. Furthermore, you may like to know that other lounge you list at Panama Tocumen airport, namely Airport Club, does not exist any more.

The third lounge at PTY is landside and I didn't try it.
Priority Pass reaction was that I should contact my bank. Mehh :-)

However I managed to visit Copa Club some other time and my report is: hot, cluttered, food options were oranges and chips. No open bar. Warm wine and tapped beer (slightly cooler) were served at a manned bar, that it is, if you fancied cutting your way through the crowd :-)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: SQ
There's only the Copa Club airside. It's basically a United Club, and is fine when there aren't a million passengers in it.

The other one is landside and I've never used it since immigration can take a while.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Having been in all three Copa Club is certainly the best, though as mentioned not saying much. The lounges here aren't anything special and if you can't get into COPA Club the Royal Saloon and Airport Club Lounge felt almost identical.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Traveling business class on AA out of PTY. Will they have a lounge available early AM?

If so where ?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Won't be Admirals Club but depending on other memberships you have like Priority Pass, you shouldn't have a problem getting access to one of the two basic lounges there.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does Tocument Royal Saloon have snacks and free drinks? Priority Pass website says yes to free drinks, but it is not always accurate.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Does oneworld emerald traveling AA business get access to any of the lounges?

Don't have priority pass or anything like that.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Does oneworld emerald traveling AA business get access to any of the lounges?
The lounges are no where near the AA gates anymore and on top of that you have to queue up for another security search at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.