Costa Rica Marriotts - Los Suenos vs Guanacaste

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Location: Split time between Manhattan and Naples, FL, both paradise!
Programs: CO, HYATT, MARRIOTT

Has anyone yet tried either or both of the Marriott Resorts in CR, Guanacaste or Los Suenos (I will use points for stay)? They both look amazing, and I am wondering if either is semi close to a town for late night dinners as I don't want to be a captive audience and only eat at the hotel restaurants. Both Photo Galleries look like they are in the middle of nowwhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated as we will fly to Liberia if we go Guanacastre or SJO if Los Suenos. Will also post on Marriott Forum.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I have only been to Los Suenos I love it. I spent more time in the town of Jaco because there are so many good inexpensive food places.
There are also all kinds of activites to do from zip lines to monkey boat tours to fishing right there. Guanacaste is new but I have heard good things.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Los Suenos is closer to other life that the JW Marriott at Pinilla. From the Pinilla property you are about a 20 minute cab ride from Tamarindo which does have some nice restuarants. Los Suenos is about 10 Minutes to Jaco where there are restuarants, but fewer high end. I've walked from Los Suenos to nearby resturantsthat are within 1-2 miles. From Pinilla there is Lolas restaurant on the beachwhich can be reached waling the beach during low tide.

Both properties are great for hanging at the pool. The beach at Los Suenos is not so great, and the JW is better if you want to go in the ocean, although you may need to walk a little further down the beach for better conditions.

If you have kids, my daughter swears that the JW kids club is way better than Los Suenos.

You will like either.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:07 pm

Los Suenos Marriott

Los Suenos Marriott a much better choice overall. Guanacaste is BORING and its a long drive to do anything.

Los Suenos is the fishing Capital of Costa Rica and you'll find the best Charter boats in all of CR there. as well as the 18 hole Los Suenos Golf course, Marina Village and more. Jaco Beach is just next door and the selection of tours/excursions, restaurants, shopping and nightlife is awesome!
Old May 4, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alaboutme
Has anyone yet tried either or both of the Marriott Resorts in CR, Guanacaste or Los Suenos (I will use points for stay)? They both look amazing, and I am wondering if either is semi close to a town for late night dinners as I don't want to be a captive audience and only eat at the hotel restaurants. Both Photo Galleries look like they are in the middle of nowwhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated as we will fly to Liberia if we go Guanacastre or SJO if Los Suenos. Will also post on Marriott Forum.
Guanacaste.... locals hate Los Suenos. Fly into LIR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.