Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific

How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific

Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Smile How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific

How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific?
Please Reply Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
^
^ ^
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
One word: amazing
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Pretty darn good although I have frozen the enterainment 3-4 times in a flight twice???? Only did first class and business class, favorite seat 11A on 77W, the back main cabin feels claustophobic and a graveyard of coffins to me
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:05 pm
yiu

Programs: MPC Silver
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Pretty darn good although I have frozen the enterainment 3-4 times in a flight twice???? Only did first class and business class, favorite seat 11A on 77W, the back main cabin feels claustophobic and a graveyard of coffins to me
Hello,

I want some opinion whether to choose 11AK or 12AK or 17AK (773ER). Right now I chose 17A so that i can see the engine during takeoff. This was also where I sat last time. But I'm wondering if 11AK and 12AK will be able to see the engine and wing during takeoff? I know 12AK only has 1 window same as 16AK.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:14 pm

^^^
super good, especially first
hope they can improve business and economy as well!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yiu
Hello,

I want some opinion whether to choose 11AK or 12AK or 17AK (773ER). Right now I chose 17A so that i can see the engine during takeoff. This was also where I sat last time. But I'm wondering if 11AK and 12AK will be able to see the engine and wing during takeoff? I know 12AK only has 1 window same as 16AK.

Refer to this link here :

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/106/Ca..._three_class)/

hope it can help
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Short hair Francis;11505110]Pretty darn good although I have frozen the enterainment 3-4 times in a flight twice???? Only did first class and business class, favorite seat 11A on 77W, the back main cabin feels claustophobic and a graveyard of coffins to me[/QUO

i cant afford business class.......i shall take 38-40K so i can see the wings,if i take the first row of economy , it will be right in the middle of the wing !
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by sealalula
i cant afford business class.......i shall take 38-40K so i can see the wings,if i take the first row of economy , it will be right in the middle of the wing !
You won't be able to see outside if you're on the first row of econ in the new 77A (since you're flying YVR-HKG). There's no window for the exit seats.

Another issue with the seats is that some people do complain the new seats don't have enough lumbar support, making it very painful for the back for a long haul. however, i prefer the new seats because there's no one that pushes their seat into your face while the plane is STILL rolling down the runway and leaves their seat there for the entire flight, even for meals! (oh yes, personal experience... and the guy glared at the ISM when i asked her to tell the guy to push his seat up during meal time. he pushed back when he was finished and i was still eating. ohh so enjoyable )
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Okay, honestly we've had this same thread hundreds of times now. People have written at extreme lengths about how THEY feel in Y, J and F. Search please.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:57 am

Programs: AA - EXP, AAirpass, SPG - PLT, DL - GM
Haha, agreed. I feel like this topic has come up hundreds of times.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b-kpf
You won't be able to see outside if you're on the first row of econ in the new 77A (since you're flying YVR-HKG). There's no window for the exit seats.

Another issue with the seats is that some people do complain the new seats don't have enough lumbar support, making it very painful for the back for a long haul. however, i prefer the new seats because there's no one that pushes their seat into your face while the plane is STILL rolling down the runway and leaves their seat there for the entire flight, even for meals! (oh yes, personal experience... and the guy glared at the ISM when i asked her to tell the guy to push his seat up during meal time. he pushed back when he was finished and i was still eating. ohh so enjoyable )
ok then i shall seat at 40K

the new seats are shell seats which means the dont recline but slide , right ?is there footrest and armrest ???

Some people dont care,even when you are eating they just recline , like when i took SIN-HKG , the baby sitting behind me kept crying and banging my chair,i cant do anything !!!!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
Originally Posted by sealalula
ok then i shall seat at 40K

the new seats are shell seats which means the dont recline but slide , right ?is there footrest and armrest ???

Some people dont care,even when you are eating they just recline , like when i took SIN-HKG , the baby sitting behind me kept crying and banging my chair,i cant do anything !!!!
If you take 40K, just beware of the Chiller in the galley behind you, it can get a bit noisy for a long flight. So may be 40A is better.

My 2 cents only....
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmaddog
If you take 40K, just beware of the Chiller in the galley behind you, it can get a bit noisy for a long flight. So may be 40A is better.

My 2 cents only....
Row 44 is the last row of 1st half economy, 40k should be alright i guess.. ??
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:40 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yiu
Hello,

First for the business seat, I thought which side do you turn your head kinda made my choice of A or K, if you lean left, take the A seat and vice versa. As for the mini business cabin, row 11 vs. 12 was more of a toss-up, 11 is better if you tend to stay up because you can put some light stuff on the side, 12 has the best privacy if your the sleeping type on planes.
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
the back main cabin feels claustophobic and a graveyard of coffins to me
Sorry I meant back main business class cabin, I didn't mean to disrespect people sitting in economy class

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.