FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/760076-uob-inifinte-visa-black-card-best-asia-miles-visa.html)

cardiology Nov 22, 2007 3:04 pm

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Find out that UOB Black "Infinite" VISA card (which is a higher tier VISA card) allow you to have the best AM in town for VISA - free mileage conversion and no expiry for the points.

Of course the AM conversion rate is best for AMEX co-brand cards as described in the other threads. But if you spend in places which only accept VISA, then you should use this card.

The following are the exclusive benefits:

The FREE Priority Pass Card will allow you to have unlimited free lounge
access in the airports all over the world! Don't miss the 4 season free
buffet breakfast for 2 (book early and you will be able to enjoy the
breathtaking view up there!!) - this already is HK$840 per 2 person! It is free!

UOB Visa Infintie Card (The Black VISA Card!) promotion:

1. Free buffet breakfast (weekdays) at the 4 Seasons next to IFC for 2 once per month! Just book early and you will get it! In 2008, they will add Langham Hotel also!
2. Free annual fee (if you choose to not paying the annual fee but you will not get the bonus AMs on getting the card)
3. Free Priority Pass Card (Principal card holder only)- to allow you to have free lounge access at alomost all airports all over the world. The Plaza Premium Lounge in HK Airport has lots of food and drinks : good to rest before taking off in HK
4. Best points to Asiamiles conversion rate in HK for VISA cards (HK$6 to
1 Asiamiles, HK$4 to 1 AM for overseas spending), no conversion fee to AM. No expiry for the points. Of course some other VISA card give you certain promo at different time and then you can switch between these cards
5. Free Travel insurance

** Promo till end of this year: get free AMs when getting supplimentary cards (around 3,000AM each)!!

----> You would not see this in the UOB card site as this is by invitation only.
But those interested could send a "private message" to me with you full name and address ...IF you earn > 1M per year (or close to that). I could refer you and start enjoying all the benefits!!

Cheers.

carrotjuice Nov 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this. Can you please clarify:
1) if the annual fee waiver is perpetual or just for the first year?
2) if the same waiver is available also to supplementary cardholders?
3) if the $1 million income requirement is in HKD or USD?

Many thanks!

Bacai Nov 23, 2007 6:16 pm

hahaha >1 m/year

If You have income >1M (M=US million???), then you don't need any credit card...ha ha ha.
most of the airfare tickets, restaurants, lounges...are too cheap to pay.
Credit cards will beg you to joint, and they do know where to find you...trust me on this.
for example, put 100,000 US dollars in Citibank, you will see what i mean....no need to do homework

theworld Nov 23, 2007 6:20 pm

its a million hk dollar, which is about us$120k.

cardiology Nov 24, 2007 1:15 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 8779224)
Thank you for sharing this. Can you please clarify:
1) if the annual fee waiver is perpetual or just for the first year?
2) if the same waiver is available also to supplementary cardholders?
3) if the $1 million income requirement is in HKD or USD?

Many thanks!

1. Annual fee waiver is for the first year. But usually will be waived in the following year if you use the card frequently.

2. Supp card are free.

3. It is 1 million HK dollars

bchl Nov 25, 2007 12:14 am

just wondering if one can apply for the card not being HK resident...

Wasabi Tofu Nov 25, 2007 1:10 am

Originally Posted by bchl (Post 8783975)
just wondering if one can apply for the card not being HK resident...

For non-resident, you may get a credit card by opening some amount of term deposit account.
Many Japan resident Japanese have HSBC and SCB accounts and credit cards.
I don't have any idea about UOB case.

tfung Nov 25, 2007 4:07 pm

The conversion rate looks pretty good compared with the citibank cathay platinum card... what is the repayment schedule like? I am quite sick of the citibank one where you have to repay within 14 days... other banks give like at least 20 or more!

theworld Nov 28, 2007 1:42 am

Got the application through the post today.

Here are some details:

- Double UNI$ (UNI$ being the unit of bonus points of UOB Rewards Plus program and is applicable to retail transactions only) for oversea spend (HK$6 = 1 AM) and 1.5 UNI$ for local spend (HK$8 = 1 AM). Up until the end of 2007 members enjoy triple UNI$ on overseas spend and double UNI$ on local spend.

- No expiry date on UNI$ and free conversions to rewards of your choice (including AM).

- Access to private clubs in HK and Singers (including Kee club in HK).

- Free golfing at renowned course worldwide.

- Unique shopping an dining experiences.

- Travel accident insurance up to US$2 million.

- Free lounge access (Priority Pass).

- Preferential hotel room rates and upgrades.

Welcome gift:

- Either UNI$720k (i.e. 90k AM) or complimentary membership to the credit card for the first year.

Annual membership is HK$6,380 and if you spend HK$180,000 a year your subsequent year's membership is free.

BTW many thanks to the person who knows who they are for referring me.

chinatown Nov 28, 2007 2:14 am

I'm sorry, but did I read correctly that the welcome gift was 90000 Asia Miles??

Wow......

Oh and one more thing- I noticed that you said its 6$/mile Until 2007.. after that, are they back to 12$/mile?

kchika Nov 28, 2007 2:30 am

90K miles as welcome gift!? Sounds very attractive but why is it UNI$8 = 1 Asia Mile? :D

kaka Nov 28, 2007 2:39 am

Originally Posted by chinatown (Post 8801156)
I'm sorry, but did I read correctly that the welcome gift was 90000 Asia Miles??

Wow......

Oh and one more thing- I noticed that you said its 6$/mile Until 2007.. after that, are they back to 12$/mile?

I think its 60000? 720k/12=60k. still 12 points to 1 AM i suppose. but still.... a rebookable ticket to london (which is 60k) is often much more costly than that. (assuming you can usually get on the plane thru standby if not waitlist)

tedhl Nov 28, 2007 3:11 am

I received the details already too but just have two questions:
- as others mentioned, the HKD 6 = 1 mile for local spending seems to end by Dec 31, 2007 ?
- I don't seem to be able to find the reference to this promo ? "Promo till end of this year: get free AMs when getting supplimentary cards (around 3,000AM each)!!"

thanks !!

theworld Nov 28, 2007 4:44 am

Guys

"Double UNI$ (UNI$ being the unit of bonus points of UOB Rewards Plus program and is applicable to retail transactions only) for oversea spend (HK$6 = 1 AM) and 1.5 UNI$ for local spend (HK$8 = 1 AM). Up until the end of 2007 members enjoy triple UNI$ on overseas spend and double UNI$ on local spend."

Up until the end of 2007 it is triple UNI$ for overseas spend (HK$4 = 1AM) and double UNI$ for local spend (HK$6 = 1AM).

AFTER 2007 it reverts back to double UNI$ for oversea spend (HK$6 = 1 AM) and 1.5 UNI$ for local spend (HK$8 = 1 AM).

Re the 90K AM, I think I have got it wrong, apologies for that. The welcome gift should therefore be 60k AM. Sorry guys!!!

BTW if you take up the 60k AM gift you have to pay the membership fee of HK$6,380 for the first year (or so it seems).

chinatown Nov 28, 2007 6:55 pm

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Then in terms of asia miles accrual, it is the same as the Citibank Asia Miles Visa's (After year 2007).. But without the 6.3K annual fee.

So the search continues for a Asia Miles VISA card that's less than $8/Mile !