Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
If I remember correctly, the promo comes once a year. You can purchase miles in blocks with no upper limit. It is really worth the money and I think they will ahve it every year.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Just received the 20,000 pts x 2 for applying for 2 supplementary card for my UOB Infinte Card.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

I have referred a few of the FTs in HK. Also phone up CS of the UOB Infinte and confirmed that they will ahve some point booster program in the coming 2008 which will give extra points for local and overseas spending.
The free buffet breakfast in Langham hotel will be opened Q1 2008 in addition to the 4 seasons.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
sounds like an awesome deal. Thanks for keeping us updated! Looks like I have to get me one..

Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by cardiology
I have referred a few of the FTs in HK. Also phone up CS of the UOB Infinte and confirmed that they will ahve some point booster program in the coming 2008 which will give extra points for local and overseas spending.
The free buffet breakfast in Langham hotel will be opened Q1 2008 in addition to the 4 seasons.
Thanks mate. BTW my UOB card (along with Priority Pass) will be arriving tomorrow, ready for my Xmas travelling.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:31 pm

card has arrived

Got the card today, along with Priority Pass membership.

BTW with the card there is an offer for up to four supplementary cards, which will be rewarded with UN$20,000 per each successful application.

Shame I can't use it as I've now family in HK!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by theworld
BTW with the card there is an offer for up to four supplementary cards, which will be rewarded with UN$20,000 per each successful application.
do I get this UN$20,000 for the supplementary card I applied together with my principal card ?

is the details for booking the e.g. Four Seasons breakfast all in there as well ?

I'll be getting my card tomorrow...

thanks !!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by tedhl
do I get this UN$20,000 for the supplementary card I applied together with my principal card ?

is the details for booking the e.g. Four Seasons breakfast all in there as well ?

I'll be getting my card tomorrow...

thanks !!
that i don't know about. i would just call them up.

well impressed so far with the service. applied last week, got the card today, they express couriered for me cause i'm flying out tomorrow (speaking of that, annoyed there is now priority pass lounge in hanoi).

re the various offers and benefits, they are all listed on the visa infinite website, which you register once you got your card.

re four seasons, i think the deal is access once a month to the private lounge there, where they have buffet food and drink.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:04 am

4 seaons offer won't carry on for 2008

Just got of the phone with Visa people.

Seems they are not carrying on the 4 seaons offer for next year.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:25 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by theworld
Just got of the phone with Visa people.

Seems they are not carrying on the 4 seaons offer for next year.
that's in fact what I was expecting would happen too...I would think the new Langham breakfast is introduced to replace the Four Seasons one...
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you can get the 20,000 pt promo for up 2 3 additional supp cards after you got the card.

I ahve got my 2 supp card mailed to me last week.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:35 pm

Unhappy

Just got the card, hte Kee club access is no longer available, nor is the breakfast at 4-seaons. Customer service even said breakfast at Langham is going to end in 2007... kind of wondering if that info. is gone. What's left behind - Priority access and Milelage - are the principal benefits. Even triple milelage benefit will end before 2007..... Kind of sad in a way ...
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:45 pm
Original Member

well...I have the feeling that the "once-per-year buy-miles-cheap" thing isn't going to happen either...frankly quite a waste of my time and effort to apply for this card...all the key benefits originally mentioned in this thread...four seasons breakfast, HKD 6 = 1 mile, etc are all ending...not much real benefits at all compared to other platinum visa cards.

and, I'm very unlucky compared to theworld and very unimpressed by the services so far...I sent in my application at end Nov...didn't really hear back from them until early last week (~2-3 weeks), and told me the application was approved and said the card will be delivered to me by last Friday...but so far haven't heard or seen anything yet either Friday or Saturday or today (all working days supposedly).

Last edited by tedhl; Dec 23, 2007 at 11:54 pm
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:54 pm

well have the card now.

guess will have to see what the offers are like over the year. if not so good, just will cancel the card at the end of the year.

i guess i've spent HK6k for priority pass membership and 60,000 AMs, so not too bad.

4 seasons would have been great as its right next to my work, and would have made a nice treat once a month.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

I think the Langham hotel program will be on next year. Called the CS and they said that the triple point program will be on in 2008 but will be limited to a few months rather than be an ongoing benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.