Chances of waitlist clearing

Old May 24, 2004, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Smile Chances of waitlist clearing

What are the chances of a waitlist clearing if Im booked on a S class from HKG-Mel on the 22 Jul. Ihave look through ITN. It seems that there are still plenty of seats on the classes higher than S. As I have to have the ticket issued on 31 May. I am wondering if I would be able to get seats on that flight. My Travel agent told me that he would get someone in CX office to "play" around the system. I wonder how true can that be.
Old May 24, 2004, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you have high OW status (particularly CX) then I would say very good. Otherwise it depends on the relationship your TA has with CX.

By the way, you know that S is no longer mileage-accruing?
Old May 24, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Guarantee seat for TOP tiers members

Originally Posted by christep
If you have high OW status (particularly CX) then I would say very good. Otherwise it depends on the relationship your TA has with CX.

By the way, you know that S is no longer mileage-accruing?
Slightly off topic.
I know MPC Diamond/Gold members have guarantee seat privilege for mileage accural economy classes such as YBHKMLV.
But, I don't know about non mileage accural classes such as SNOQ.
Anyone knows ?
I guess SNOQ are also applicable for guarantee seat service.

LordGarlic, you may check your booking class again.
Because some travel agents exchanged booking class S and V after 05APR2004 of CX's booking class order change.
Old May 25, 2004, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
How can you issue a ticket if the flight isn't confirmed?

Your travel agency would have to be the one with the clout to clear the waitlist. CX usually clears waitlists about a week prior to departure.. and if other classes are avail, chances are you'll clear.. especially for a ticket booked originally from HKG (high revenue).
Old May 25, 2004, 4:45 am
Original Poster

As this is a special fare, it has to be ticketed by 31 May, and the date of departure is 22 Jul. If the waitlist doesnt clear by 31 may, does it mean that I wont be able to book on that fare.
Old May 25, 2004, 7:27 am

LordGarlic, 26Jul is the first day of the second semester of a few universities in Melbourne. And that might explain why you find it hard to get a seat in S class.

If I were you, I would get a confirmed S seat on the earliest date and have the booking ticketed first. Once you got the ticket number, ask your agent to put you on waitlist on 22Jul and ask them to use their little trick to get you a seat on 22Jul. By doing this, you guarantee you have a seat leaving for MEL while not missing the deadline of your airfare.

I would say the rumour you said might be true. My travel agent has always have some method to get me a seat in those very busy dates.
Old May 25, 2004, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Red face

Originally Posted by KoalaGuy
LordGarlic, 26Jul is the first day of the second semester of a few universities in Melbourne. And that might explain why you find it hard to get a seat in S class.

If I were you, I would get a confirmed S seat on the earliest date and have the booking ticketed first. Once you got the ticket number, ask your agent to put you on waitlist on 22Jul and ask them to use their little trick to get you a seat on 22Jul. By doing this, you guarantee you have a seat leaving for MEL while not missing the deadline of your airfare.

I would say the rumour you said might be true. My travel agent has always have some method to get me a seat in those very busy dates.
It seems that there arent any seats in S class for the 5-6 days forward or backward of 22 Jul. I just hope that my TA's bag of tricks is good enough to deliver some results.
Old May 25, 2004, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Slightly off topic.
I know MPC Diamond/Gold members have guarantee seat privilege for mileage accural economy classes such as YBHKMLV.
But, I don't know about non mileage accural classes such as SNOQ.
Anyone knows ?
I guess SNOQ are also applicable for guarantee seat service.
I believe the guaranteed seat applies to any published generally available fare (but obviously not to thinks like industry/agency discount tickets and the like). To be honest I've only ever used the privilege with mileage-earning fares though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.