Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX is offering discount fares between Hong Kong and Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2000, 7:11 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

CX is offering discount fares between Hong Kong and Australia. Under its Asia Passport offer, for one price, covering return travel from Australia to Hong Kong, the ticket offers the flexibility of visiting up to six cities from a choice of 37 destinations in Asia in the Cathay Pacific and Dragonair networks. And passengers can also choose to travel in economy or business class. Prices start from $A1,730 ($US1,017) for economy class and $A4,250 ($US2,499) in business class. Seasonal surcharges apply to economy class travel and conditions apply. http://www.cathaypacific.com
Old Apr 22, 2000, 6:16 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Not bad deal if you want to visit a group of cities. However, Prices have plummeted between Oz and HKG. With Ansett *A, Singapore Airlines via SIN (now *A) and Thai. Oneworld's QF is of course complimentary to CX. But now the cheapest fare is actually on Vietnam Airlines out of MEL or SYD via Ho Chi Minh and followed closely by Malaysian. Another bargain is by China Airlines. Cheapest I.ve seen is $3800 HKD with Vietnam Airlines but around $5500HKD is not hard to get $800USD RT).

For the real adventurer, there are a couple of backdoor routes. One being Hong KOng - Nauru - Sydney on Air Nauru and Royal Brunei Airlines Via Bandar Seri Begawan.

AND of Course - Darwin to Dili on Air North, Dili to DPS on Merpati, onwards to Manadao on Bouraq, then Cebu Pacific to Cebu and then HKG.

Old Apr 22, 2000, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The offer is for round-trip travel originating from Oz to Hong Kong. I'm actually in the market for Hong Kong to Oz. Anybody know of some good deals for June? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2000, 11:26 pm

Seawolf,
Check out the link below at Tiglion Travel - HKG. I use this agency to do my bookings out of HKG and they never cease to amaze me. They are quoting $4480HKD return to ADL,BNE,CNS,PER,MEL or SYD on SINGAPORE AIRLINES for the month of June. This price alsi allows a free stopover in Singapore on the return.
Ask for Vicky who is a very professional travel agent who knows her stuff! Ask for code 295 to get this price.

http://www02.tiglion.net/scripts/tra...=HK&country=AU

Dave Stevenson,
Xiamen, China
Old Apr 24, 2000, 6:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
http://www.aerohkg.com/airfare.htm
US 554 on Ansett in June HKG - Sydney return
Old Apr 24, 2000, 9:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks. I've actually have been looking at Tiglion for the past month and have not found anything below $7000 HKD in June. The $5000 SQ fare is new. I guess SQ just recently released their fares. However, since this fare does not qualify for miles, it becomes an issue of whether I should pay for the flight or just redeem an award ticket.

Marco Polo, which dates did you put in? I put in HKG-SYD JUNE 11 and return on JUNE 26. AN fare is around $7000 HKD.

[This message has been edited by seawolf (edited 04-24-2000).]
Old Apr 24, 2000, 11:12 pm

www.tiglion.com are very good at getting last minute tickets and their prices do drop the closer the departure date comes around. Their site seems to be kept up to date. I got the Mrs out to Toronto on Good Friday with only 3 days notice on CX/AA for $6100 HKD Credit Card price including taxes.

I also arranged for four colleagues to go to Bali on Singapore Airlines with only 36 hours notice for $3700 HKD each. Departed on easter Saturday. All flights confirmed. I realise travel agents can't just "invent" a seat but this mob come through when other HKG agents give me the run around with waitlist garbage.

P.S. I own no shares or have no financial interest in this agency whatsoever.
Old Apr 27, 2000, 12:08 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
I used early June returning about a week later
Call the guy up and askthe question or send them an email
his name is Edin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.