How to book wheelchair assistance?

Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
How to book wheelchair assistance?

Hi All,

Quick question, I have a flight tomorrow from TPE-CGK via HKG. Unfortunately I just fell down and probably need wheelchair assistance.

Anyone have experience booking it? I've looked at the website which tells me to call the local sales office. However the one in TPE doesn't have English service on the weekend and I've been on hold for the one in CGK for a good 30 mins.

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

So... A bit of an update.

Finally connected to the call center but am still not clear:
- after I explained what happened, the call agent immediately threatened that I would not be able to board if I needed a wheelchair
- I explained to her that it doesn't make sense as I've seen many others do the same
- a lot of back and forth where she repeated the same. At best what I could gather is she is worried if I can walk by myself or not (I can just with a cane/crutches)
- she ended the call saying I should go to the checkin counter and it depends on "what we decide tjen"

Maybe there was some miscommunication/language barrier here. Any input would be great?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:15 pm

I booked the wheelchair assistance a month ago for one of my family members from HKG-VIE-HAM on OS. We just booked it at the check in counter both ways. You need to be there 2 hours before the flight time to have the service though.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by HaikalS

- after I explained what happened, the call agent immediately threatened that I would not be able to board if I needed a wheelchair
- I explained to her that it doesn't make sense as I've seen many others do the same
- a lot of back and forth where she repeated the same. At best what I could gather is she is worried if I can walk by myself or not (I can just with a cane/crutches)
- she ended the call saying I should go to the checkin counter and it depends on "what we decide tjen"

Maybe there was some miscommunication/language barrier here. Any input would be great?
Unless policy has changed, this really sounds like an incompetent agent.

Call back again and request wheelchair assistance. Don't wait until you get to the airport. The call center will tell you to get to the airport at least two hours in advance (although you may have to wait around until closer to your departure time). If you have lounge privileges, the attendant will be able to drop you off at the lounge and then pick you back up before boarding.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for both the replies. I'll give them a call again or worst case arrive to the airport early.

Appreciate the help!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
If there are still more than 24 hours to your flight, you might be able to request it on Manage My Booking on CX's website, under special assistance.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
If there are still more than 24 hours to your flight, you might be able to request it on Manage My Booking on CX's website, under special assistance.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately in this case no but still useful info for next time (well, hopefully there is no next time)
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HaikalS

Email them first, then call and request again. I can see a case of taking it to the media and the courts here

window.post_1503277532577_2 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.