Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific 2017 first half results - HK$2.05b loss

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific 2017 first half results - HK$2.05b loss

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
CX is increasing ASK by 1.1% but decreasing yield by 5.2%
Given I doubt any of us are decreasing yield by 5% the benefit is likely to be enjoyed by outport O&D and transit pax.
Again you have to remember HKD is pegged with USD. USD has been a strong performer in 1H 2017. This will drag down CX's yield due to currency fluctuation not in CX's favour.

It is a tipping point that it is no longer beneficial for CX to offer cheap connection from mainland China to Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Europe. There are so many regional airlines operating the capacity to full in those route and the price has been historically low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.