Targeted business class sale fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Just found my dad got it too.
Ex silver but converted to JL as a saphire
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
On the plus side, MPC did just send me an email about some fringe benefits I can get at a HK restaurant group I have never heard of.
Yeah, I got that too. To be fair it does include some decent restaurants.

However, we as DMs get the above whereas SLs get the decent flight offers! I think CX is just selling DM access to third parties to get additional revenue - that's all we're good for apparently!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
It makes full sense for CX to attract non-frequent premium pax to its business class.

It makes full sense for you to search for best value for your travel in business class..
It makes all the sense to offer this fare to all MPO members. 1) It retains the ones that have been spending big revenue with Cathay, a way to say thank you. 2) It returns the ones that have abandoned Cathay, a way to say we want you back.

But once again, Cathay doesn't seem to be interested in a win-win solution.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
It makes full sense for you to search for best value for your travel in business class..
Hence, the FFP program was designed to discourage this behavior from their premium flyers. The whole point of FFP is to give enough benefits that your top revenue FFP is willing to pay 20-30% more to stay with you.

Hence2, an airline is supposed to give benefits (such as discounted fares) to their most valued FFPs as a way to say thank you for staying with us, and please keep staying with us.

It's pretty sad Cathay is making premium flyers have to pay full-J fare to fly Business, and then give away Business Class for cheap to all other people.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:40 pm

Will there be another cathay pass business class offer to buy 2 x business clsss tickets at a reasonable rate?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666

Win-win situations seem to be against their business principles
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:44 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Win-win situations seem to be against their business principles
New CXC value framework:

1. If customers are happy, there is a prima facie case for further Enhancement.

2. If we can get away with cutting some cost that isn't obvious, we'll cut it right away.

3. Reliability is boring. Eye candy is what keeps us our jobs.

4. Moving in any direction, even if it means moving backwards, beats not moving at all.

5. We aim to improve HK's foreign exchange reserves situation by selling transit fares for any price. Meanwhile we'll squeeze our captive customers until their pips squeak (or until they fit in our new 3-4-3 seats).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:48 am

I'm a SL and fly all I fares last year (4xHKG-SIN and 1xHKG-HND and many KA flight)... Didn't receive this and quite disappointed
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
old silver/gold since 2001....ditched cx realized and.i am using their first class lounge as QF Platinum i am glad Ivan finally woke me up to make the switch... been buying ex tpe J on CX metal once every quarter but no email.

besides they dont look that attractive. i travel alone if i fly cx J.... for high value (?) family travel in 5 i fly others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.