Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX no LAX-HKG-LHR connection pricing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat

I was looking around at ways to go from LAX to LHR and I was curious if CX would sell LAX-HKG-LHR as a single fare in PE (since I have lots of people to see in HKG), but it seems that CX is unwilling to price it except as 2 fares?

I've flown CX on LAX-HKG-SIN and LAX-HKG-SYD this year already and both of those priced as single fares. I was hoping to basically route all my travels through HKG as much as I could so I can stop by HKG on each trip.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I tried this as well. Indeed it was priced as 2 fares. Same boat with ya (JFK-HKG-SYD and SIN) and only 1 fare. I guess the reason is most flights from the U.S. to SYD/SIN are flying west, while to LHR are flying east. A LAX-HKG-LHR flight (flying west) is against the normal direction and thus might be quoted as two fares. I don't think CX has the 7th freedom to fly direct from LAX to LHR, and this route has been served by at least AA and BA.

Not so sure how the middle east carrier treats this.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Jun 18, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
I was looking around at ways to go from LAX to LHR and I was curious if CX would sell LAX-HKG-LHR as a single fare in PE (since I have lots of people to see in HKG), but it seems that CX is unwilling to price it except as 2 fares?

I've flown CX on LAX-HKG-SIN and LAX-HKG-SYD this year already and both of those priced as single fares. I was hoping to basically route all my travels through HKG as much as I could so I can stop by HKG on each trip.
Yes its possible. Its $5289 including all taxes, oneway.
That's based on a normal GDS because it cannot see the discounted PE that CX has. So your best bet is to book it as two tickets if you want it 'cheaper'. Or else a RTW.

Alternatively you might try going to a TA in your local Chinese community eg Chinatown. They might have 'special fares' ex-HKG that they might be able to tag onto the LAX-HKG sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.