Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How many CX/KA planes does not have IFE?

Old May 28, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

I took a KA896 from HKG-PVG the plane doesnt have IFE and we have to download the app and watch it on our phone.

How can we identify which plane does not have IFE so I could avoid them next time, especially when there is ATC for 3 hours+

One other thing I notice is that FA repeatedly told me that i have to take out water bottle from my bag and can not be store in the overhead cabin. Is that something new?
Old May 28, 2017, 5:26 am

Those old KA A320s may not have the IFEs and they provide iPad on J. For CX I think they all have
Old May 28, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jkuok
I took a KA896 from HKG-PVG the plane doesnt have IFE and we have to download the app and watch it on our phone.

How can we identify which plane does not have IFE so I could avoid them next time, especially when there is ATC for 3 hours+

One other thing I notice is that FA repeatedly told me that i have to take out water bottle from my bag and can not be store in the overhead cabin. Is that something new?
The thing I hate most with those planes are that they do not have USB port for charging. An two hour flight will use half of my iPad's power and cause problem for the rest of the day.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
KAs A320s do not in Y class. They use the stupid "StudioKA" download the app nonsense gimmick.

We keep an exhaustive list as a Google Spreadsheet with far more information than you'll need about CX and KAs fleets and routes, you just need to go to the top sticky thread in this forum where it's linked. Basically, just poke around and search a little.

All other KA and CX configs, as well as A320s in J class, do have AVOD/IFE systems at the seat.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:40 am

Had the misfortune to fly one of the old A320s to Shanghai. No IFE, no in seat power and no iPad for J passengers. Disgraceful. #cathaypathetic
Old May 28, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by samuelo
Had the misfortune to fly one of the old A320s to Shanghai. No IFE, no in seat power and no iPad for J passengers. Disgraceful. #cathaypathetic
You do have the choice of flying MU or HX if you don't find KA/CX satisfactory.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:26 am

Had I known I would have. It's not like KA exactly advertises they have these decrepit planes in their fleet.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Had I known I would have. It's not like KA exactly advertises they have these decrepit planes in their fleet.
Get a320 from ba to compare
Old May 28, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
When did you take the flight? All old A320 should have gone already

BTW using StudioKA through the app does not mean there's no IFE. Actually you can still use Safari to browse the IFE system but the experience is not that good,,,,

If you hate CX / KA so much why don't you switch?
Old May 28, 2017, 10:05 am
Suspended

mu has ife?
Old May 28, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by kaka
mu has ife?
Yes... They have they flip-down TV

In-Flight Entertainment system doesn't need to be personal / interactive...
Old May 28, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sscywong
Yes... They have they flip-down TV

In-Flight Entertainment system doesn't need to be personal / interactive...
it must be very interesting.
And i have in-flight candy crush
Old May 28, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for their input, i just want to make sure that all KA A320 does not have IFE or are they on specific route?
Old May 28, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by KACommuter
You do have the choice of flying MU or HX if you don't find KA/CX satisfactory.
^
Old May 28, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jkuok
Thank you everyone for their input, i just want to make sure that all KA A320 does not have IFE or are they on specific route?
I think it is the "new" version of A320 seats and it seems all of the A320s have been refitted to this new seats. I like the overhead bin design which are larger than the previous version and more practical. I wouldn't mind no screen for 2 hours, but they do need to put in USB ports at least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.