Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Is there any [EU] compensation we can claim?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there any [EU] compensation we can claim?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Steve Lovett
Just to say, I wasn't trying to screw CP out of lots of money, all I wanted to know was I able to claim anything back for the extra costs we had to pay out due to the delay?
CX did not cause your delay. If you truly want to go after the money, you will need to wait until the investigation has been completed (so the liability can be established) if MU (if the pilots are found at fault) or CAD (if the ATC are found at fault) did, or it was a god's act.

Originally Posted by Steve Lovett
CP were there at the arrivals gate giving out vouchers for free hotels and taxi to passengers that had missed their connections. So some were getting a sort of comp never mind the reason for the delay...
It was still EC 261/2004 at play.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
It was still EC 261/2004 at play.
Duty of care has nothing to do with cause of delay. Except i think accomodation care are excempted when its weather related delays.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:12 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Connecting flights is different from local transportation
If you're through ticketed beyond LHR then CX has to protect you even if act of god

To the best of my knowledge nothing can be done about local transportation between home airport and home. In HK transport companies tend to proactively rescheudule delayed pax but no idea whether LHR transport companies will do the same
Old May 29, 2017, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Connecting flights is different from local transportation
If you're through ticketed beyond LHR then CX has to protect you even if act of god

To the best of my knowledge nothing can be done about local transportation between home airport and home. In HK transport companies tend to proactively rescheudule delayed pax but no idea whether LHR transport companies will do the same
u mean if ba would proactively rescheudule delayed pax?
they didnt, last time i was delayed in LCY. They only rebooked me when i was at the ticketing office
Old May 29, 2017, 6:22 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Local transport companies like the $250 airport-home cheuffeured rides offered by some credit cards. They ask for your flight not your arrival time.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It would not matter if it were a CX aircraft and if EC 261/2004 did apply to CX inbound to the EU.

The reason the runway is closed is due to what amounts to a government order. That is the nature of ATC and ground control even when contracted out.

The problem with EC 261/2004 is largely not about its language but about its interpretation by no-nothing ECJ judges who turned it from a simple compensation system into a greed pit. Switzerland, which adopted the Regulation as part of Swiss law, abides by EC 261/2004, not by the interpretations of the ECJ. Swiss judges are smarter than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.