Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S7 availability on asia miles.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
S7 availability on asia miles.

Hi,

I've found awards available on S7 (PEK-VVO) through British Airways redemption search but when I call Asiamiles they claim that there are no awards available on that route.

I've asked them to look and there are no redemptions available on any flights (whatever the route) from S7 accessible using Asiamiles. I've told them that there must be a mistake since they advertise the fact that you can redeem awards on S7 and that there must be a problem somewhere but they just say that it's outside of their control.

So, what are my options in this case? It seems crazy that a oneworld partner is completely unable to redeem any awards on S7 when British airways show plenty of awards available..
Old May 22, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Call again.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:58 pm

Phantom award spaces or HUCA.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I called American airlines to check and they couldn't find the awards either. So it was phantom award space from British airways.

What did surprise me is that according to one of the Asiamiles customer agent I talked to, she couldn't find any awards on S7 for any dates in the year.

So S7 is releasing 0 awards which seems a bit strange...
Old May 24, 2017, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milgom
I called American airlines to check and they couldn't find the awards either. So it was phantom award space from British airways.

What did surprise me is that according to one of the Asiamiles customer agent I talked to, she couldn't find any awards on S7 for any dates in the year.

So S7 is releasing 0 awards which seems a bit strange...
they release at very awkward times. i've done it before, but it was extremely hard. what dates were you looking at? try VVO-NRT and see if there is anything different.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:20 am
Original Poster

I was looking at anything between November and January. In the end, I went another way.. At the time, I asked the agent to look at every rooting from S7 including VVO-NRT
Old May 25, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by milgom
I was looking at anything between November and January. In the end, I went another way.. At the time, I asked the agent to look at every rooting from S7 including VVO-NRT
S7 does not release seats (both: revenue and awards) at T-365 like most other airlines...what they do is open sales for the whole season (summer/winter) twice a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.