Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 CP from retaining SL

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

40 CP from retaining SL

As titled, I am 40 CP away from retaining SL by end of this month. I have been SL or GO for the past 4 years or so. I know there are instances MPC would retain even if you're slightly short in CP. Should I be calling in asking if they are willing to do that?

thanks!
Old May 13, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
They might be, or they may extend your qualification year out a month or two.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:13 am

Call them, maybe they will extend the time for one or two months
Old May 14, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
They may extend your qualification period for 1-3 months, requalifying you without extending qualification period, or drop you to GR, but they will most likely drop you to GR if you don't call.

Note that if they extend your qualification period, you will still drop to GR util you requalify and call them.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:54 am

Can OP let us know what happen by next month? I am curious too
Old May 26, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

I called and was told cannot be renewed with 40 points short. Offered two months of grace period. Anyone has any weekend run ideas from SIN for me to get the 40 CP in the next two months?
Old May 26, 2017, 7:37 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Are there any cheap MH J fares ex-SIN that you could take?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by hktraveller20
I called and was told cannot be renewed with 40 points short. Offered two months of grace period. Anyone has any weekend run ideas from SIN for me to get the 40 CP in the next two months?
business class to HKG RT will do it.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i dont feel cx sl is worth mileage run to keep. if you want to do a run, study your alternative (QF QR etc) because someone who used to be GOLD MPC in old system and just making SL might find them qualify for sapphire elsewhere.

CX devalued program to turn away guys like you. you should thank them and move your money elsewhere
Old May 27, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Certain J fares KUL to SIN are cheap. You just have to do it 3 times. Position yourself up with an LCC or coach.

Funny I am in the same predicament as you, I am 25 points short to renew GO so I did a MR SIN to HKG in PY this weekend.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Two months grace period to run for 40 CPs.... Sounds generous to me.... Not difficult to achieve also... RT HKG-oTPE-NRT already can do the trick... (and can really visit Japan for a break )
Old May 28, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Certain J fares KUL to SIN are cheap. You just have to do it 3 times. Position yourself up with an LCC or coach.

Funny I am in the same predicament as you, I am 25 points short to renew GO so I did a MR SIN to HKG in PY this weekend.
Probably easiest for OP to do RT SIN-KUL-PEN. I think that is 60 club points.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Interesting enough... I logged into my MPC account today and it was renewed to SL for another year
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GO, CX SL
I was previously mpc gold but only accumulated 80 club points last year (chased status on baec and now gold in that program), to my surprise checking in today I was downgraded only to mpc silver. This is a good outcome for me since mpc silver gives me pretty much everything I need and ensures that I fly with cx to enjoy the benefits. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my ow emerald status until 2019, loosely crediting flights to mpc while accessing the first lounges ;-)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
i was in the same boat as OP, only 40 CP shy away from renewing silver. Sadly, unlike OP, I was downgraded to green

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.