Search

HKIA Transfer ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
HKIA Transfer ?

Hello,

I will be soon traveling from DXB to HKG on EK then connecting onto KA to PEK. I have a few questions.

1) I have checked baggage to collect , must i go via immigration to then pick up bags or go to the transfer desk ?
2) Will the transfer desk be able to collect my bags for me and tag them for my onward journey. Will my bags get the usual priority tags on as well ?
3) Will KA have priority line at transfer desk?
4) Do the transfer desks get busy during 16:00-18:00 ?

Thanks everyone :-:
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:12 am

1) I have checked baggage to collect , must i go via immigration to then pick up bags or go to the transfer desk?

Yes you have to go via the immigration because the line is after immigration.

2) Will the transfer desk be able to collect my bags for me and tag them for my onward journey. Will my bags get the usual priority tags on as well?

No but if you take your baggage with you at EK flight, you can check your baggage at the transfer desk and they you tag your baggage as priority.

Yes

4) Do the transfer desks get busy during 16:00-18:00?

Depends on the date

Last edited by CX30616; Apr 26, 2017 at 9:19 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yetti28
Hello,

I will be soon traveling from DXB to HKG on EK then connecting onto KA to PEK. I have a few questions.

1) I have checked baggage to collect , must i go via immigration to then pick up bags or go to the transfer desk ?
2) Will the transfer desk be able to collect my bags for me and tag them for my onward journey. Will my bags get the usual priority tags on as well ?
4) Do the transfer desks get busy during 16:00-18:00 ?

Thanks everyone :-:
If you decided to go with option 2, the transfer desk will need to send someone to physically collect your baggage and then tag your bag, it will take longer and you cannot leave the transit desk before they finding it. It is normally quicker if you get it yourself and re-check in at KA counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.