Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PEY Fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

PEY Fares

In the past, for PEY flights between PVG to Australia, some of the options will by default select I class between PVG and HKG and PEY between HKG and Aus. This is no longer the case based on some bookings I have been trying to make recently, where PVG / HKG flights are always Economy by default (or PEY where long haul A330 is being used for the flight). Does anyone know what is happening there? Or previously the I class flight have been reflected in a higher PEY ticket price anyway so they are providing "cheaper" PEY tickets now with the short haul Y fares?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I was able to book the I fare paired with R for my dad back in Feb. it's a great fare especially for none elite pax as you get lounge access for all four departures. The check in staff at SYD was actually confused why the lounge invitation came out automatically.
The ticket price is exactly the same as B paired with R, slightly more tax.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Did you book through CX website or had to call the reservation centre to do it manually? They are great fares when the short haul is flown in J as I don't think the prices are noticeably different if they were bundled with Y class (i.e. the prices I am seeing on the website now). Also agree on your point about lounge access too although I am a bit puzzled why your dad got lounge access for all 4 legs...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
I thought the I + E combination was a promotion started some time last year? Now the promotion period has ended and I think newly filed PEY fares strictly book into Economy when PEY is not available (E+H, R+B, W+Y).
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:07 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by shd9
I thought the I + E combination was a promotion started some time last year? Now the promotion period has ended and I think newly filed PEY fares strictly book into Economy when PEY is not available (E+H, R+B, W+Y).
I think its a POS thing.

These promotional I+E or D+R are still available ex Germany for instance.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/de_....html?switch=Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.