Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Why CX Finances are in a Mess [bad fare quotes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber

I was advised about a Sale they were promoting

So I looked for Round-Trip PE Seats for a friend from Manchester -UK to Bangkok in August...here's their Great Sale offer in their booking Portal:

Premium Economy
Flex
Pre-book seats
GBP£100 charge for rebooking
110% Asia Miles accrual
Price per adult from
GBP £7,689.39

Clearly either their Revenue Control or Web Developers have a problem.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Who advised you of the sale? I'm not familiar with exUK fares but I'm guess that's expensive considering it's PEY, anyway did you book through the promotion page or directly on the main home page?

I norticed that the website will not give you the promo fare if booked on the main homepage, you have to find the specific promotion page and book thorough that specific page to get the promotion fare

Originally Posted by UncleDude

So I looked for Round-Trip PE Seats for a friend from Manchester -UK to Bangkok in August...here's their Great Sale offer in their booking Portal:

Premium Economy
Flex
Pre-book seats
110% Asia Miles accrual
Price per adult from
GBP £7,689.39

Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
It's bad IT.

They file fares only visible in certain locations based on their 'old school'' thinking.. Meanwhile the continue to lose business

Iata Matrix

HKG JFK 9000+ usd. on CX

Same route on so many others.. 5000.

CX isn't worth it.

Sure many of us have local agents or go to TPE or what not.. However If I was sending staff you JFK.. 9K Vs 5K... Easy choice.

CX used to have a captive market.

The world is a different place.

I still fly them. This week from BKK.. Next week KA to REP.. but its not automatic.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by UncleDude

Premium Economy
Flex
Pre-book seats
110% Asia Miles accrual
Price per adult from
GBP £7,689.39

Just did some random booking and found that the ridiculous fare is results from one of the two legs is in MAN-LHR-HKG-BKK... You may need to call to book MAN-HKG-BKK which I just check should be GBP1,800++... (don't think this is particularly "sale" price....)

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
It's bad IT.

They file fares only visible in certain locations based on their 'old school'' thinking.. Meanwhile the continue to lose business

Iata Matrix

HKG JFK 9000+ usd. on CX

Same route on so many others.. 5000.

CX isn't worth it.

Sure many of us have local agents or go to TPE or what not.. However If I was sending staff you JFK.. 9K Vs 5K... Easy choice.

CX used to have a captive market.

The world is a different place.

I still fly them. This week from BKK.. Next week KA to REP.. but its not automatic.
But time is really the killing feature of CX's flight... Just booked CX also because of the time (and it's business trip so... )
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
For some..

But i've worked for employers that motivate employees by allowing them to keep half of all savings generated.

So if corporate TA put me on CX for 9K and I could do one stop 5K, and keep 2K... i know my choice.

Its easy to spend other peoples money

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.