Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on baggage plus laptop bag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Carry on baggage plus laptop bag

Hi everyone,

in a few days I'll be travelling to Japan. With Cathay I'll be flying from Frankfurt to Hong Kong (CX288) and then from Hong Kong to Haneda (CX548).
It's the first time ever that I'm going to fly so I don't really knew all procedures, so sorry if the question is redundant.

In economy class, the check in baggage is up to 7kgs.
I can bring my normal check in baggage plus my laptop bag. The question is: Will it be 7kgs for the baggage plus the laptop bag or do they count together so the two together can't exceed 7kgs? The cathay pacific page is not that precise and googling it gave me different answers.
Since the empty case and the laptop bag togehter are almost 6kgs, that'd be pretty tough...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: CX Gold
Maybe you meant the carry on baggage. They don't normally weigh your carry on.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Yes, I was talking about the carry on baggage. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
They rarely weigh your luggage. Technically all carry-on combined should be 7kg or less, but I believe if you have a carry-on of 7kg and a laptop bag of <4kg, you should be okay. If the bags looks heavy or if the laptop bag size is large, then that may be different.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There is an art to carry-on bags. I have carried more than 25kg on board in the past. Just make it looks like 5kg as you walk up to check-in and the security gate.

Last edited by christep; Mar 26, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by christep
There is an art to carry-on bags. I have carried more than 25kg on board in the past. Just make it look like 5kg as you walk up to check-in and the security gate.
Just make sure it's within the weight limit of the overhead bins
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by boybi
Just make sure it's within the weight limit of the overhead bins
Or put it in the overhead bin opposite so it isn't above you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.