Manage Booking - Booking Status

Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Manage Booking - Booking Status

Hello All,

I have an flight booked on Cathay, and when checking on the online "Manage Booking" page, all my flights are showing as "Confirmed" under booking status.

Now, I'm slightly paranoid, but what else does that "Booking status" show? Does it ever show "Ticketed" or something like that?

I would call CX directly to confirm my tickets, but their hold times seem to go on forever.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Fear not .... Confirmed means that all your tickets for all paxs mean they have been confirmed by the airline.

You can rest assured your ticket/s is confirmed and you will be flying and not in for a shock at the airport.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:14 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In manage my booking there should be an option "my details / eticket" to email the eticket details to you. If your ticket hasn't been issued there will be a message to that effect there.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:03 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Fear not .... Confirmed means that all your tickets for all paxs mean they have been confirmed by the airline.

You can rest assured your ticket/s is confirmed and you will be flying and not in for a shock at the airport.
Please don't spread this sort of BS. Confirmed means nothing at all.

As sxc already mentioned, the ticket has to be 'issued' for you to rest assured that no shock will happen at the airport.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by mxr
Please don't spread this sort of BS. Confirmed means nothing at all.

As sxc already mentioned, the ticket has to be 'issued' for you to rest assured that no shock will happen at the airport.
Apologies , i was almost 100% sure in what i was saying was valid otherwise i would of never said it ....
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Seems like all is good for me then
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sxc
In manage my booking there should be an option "my details / eticket" to email the eticket details to you. If your ticket hasn't been issued there will be a message to that effect there.
And I always get them to email me my ticket. I always bring that with me when I fly. CX's IT occasionally drops a segment in my itinerary. I need that to ensure I can check in.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:25 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Apologies , i was almost 100% sure in what i was saying was valid otherwise i would of never said it ....
No worries, just be 101% sure next time. I wouldnt go post something on the BA board without being more than 101% sure, especially with the sort of responses that would get back to you over there!

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
And I always get them to email me my ticket. I always bring that with me when I fly. CX's IT occasionally drops a segment in my itinerary. I need that to ensure I can check in.
Has that happened to you before? So you mean that from a single whole itinerary, suddenly a single flight would get messed up?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by mxr
Has that happened to you before? So you mean that from a single whole itinerary, suddenly a single flight would get messed up?
Yes, a single flight segment disappeared on my MMB while I was on a trip. It happened at least twice on CX/KA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.