Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Vacations - Stopover?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Cathay Vacations - Stopover?

Anyone ever been able to book a stopover itinerary with the vacations package?

Their website let me request SFO-BKK r/t (which connects in HKG) combined with 2 nights of hotel in HKG, although the flight connections are very tight (like 2 hours, not the 2 days of hotel I'd booked! Interesting that it doesn't prevent that sort of thing).

Perhaps I can persuade it to allow 1 night stop-over (i.e., a "transit") but I seem to have no control over the flight options it presents, so I haven't been able to.

Any other stories about CX Vacations are welcome - this looks like a great deal.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

I found they do not allow stopover. However a 'transit' should be legal, unfortunately the website seems to not present all possible connection options that would give me a nice long (but <=24hr) transit.

Has anyone done this (perhaps via phone agent, or travel agent, or other trick?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.