Wiki Posts
Search

CX considering "SkyCouch" in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by percysmith
The survey reads (my translation):

Assume you need to buy one HK-London Economy adult ticket for peak season/holiday season ?

- One return Economy ticket for HK$10,401 (US$1,333)
- One return "couch" ticket for 10,401 + 18,000 = HK$28,401 (1,333 + 2,308 = US$3,641)?
- One return Premium Economy ticket for HK$20,129 (US$2,581)

Which of the above will you buy?

---

If I'm a couple in PE (and for some reason not burning miles) I might go for the couch, simply because PE's overpriced.
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
That's not a great theoretical example given not many people would envisage the need to buy a one way HKGLHR.

Isn't one couch ticket around the same price as a QR / EY sale fare for 2 pax in J return ?
Originally Posted by percysmith
All examples were return, sorry for ambiguity.
percysmith I read it properly as a return trip fare (as there's really not much people will buy an one way ticket and thus people rarely gives one way fare).... We have the default fare set to "round trip" already

Originally Posted by nolounge
Yes, but in PEY you would still be limited to your recline.

J...would depend on which port. ex-MNL maybe. But definitely not ex-HKG's pricing.
It will definitely be an improvement over an regular Y seat. But don't fool yourself, with the width of these seats... you will be laying 'flat' alright, but with your legs blended at an angle. Unless....you're super short
Back to the hypothetical situation in the survey.... At 5'9" I'll definitely opt for PEY... As nolounge said I must bend my legs in the couch... Unless I've four seats to make the couch (18" x 4 =72" i.e. 3 inches buffer for me) I will never fly couch... I don't want to extend my legs out into the corridor and get kicked / kicked others

PEY... Not laying flat but it's acceptable
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: CX
Just create your own Skycouch

http://www.planepal.com.au/
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Just create your own Skycouch

http://www.planepal.com.au/
Interesting. Wouldn't be happy though if I was an unrealated passenger in the window seat of that example pic! It would work ok if the planepal was in the window seat.

But looking at the child, she doesn't really look comfortable and if the seat in front reclined you'd lose a lot of space.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dddc
Interesting. Wouldn't be happy though if I was an unrealated passenger in the window seat of that example pic! It would work ok if the planepal was in the window seat.

But looking at the child, she doesn't really look comfortable and if the seat in front reclined you'd lose a lot of space.
I'm pretty sure that lady is supposed to be the kid's mother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.