Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

US HSBC Premier can still transfer to Asia Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National

Sorry to ask this here, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether HSBC Premier US cardholders can still transfer their HSBC reward points to Asia Miles. This used to be the case for several years, but suddenly sometime towards the end of last year USA was removed from https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn...0007d21c39RCRD. I still have 50k+ points / miles waiting to be transferred. On HSBC's website, it says for Asia Miles that "This item is temporarily unavailable for redemption. We apologize for any inconvenience." Anyone knows if there's any chance it can be redeemed to Asia Miles? Call centre just says they don't know.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:53 am

I would like to know too. They need give us some information! If they are cancelling this, this needed to let us know ahead of time. I am so disappointed with HSBC. This is ridiculous.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:20 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Yeah, my rewards portal also says "This item is temporarily unavailable". Considering how bad their IT systems are, I wouldn't see this fixed anytime soon
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Let's try to push HSBC together via customer service.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM
same here also says unavailable!
Old May 5, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
What they did was not right. You can still make the transfer if you have the HSBC Premier card from other countries. Everybody must complain.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:19 am
SSY

Programs: CX Go
So HSBC USA Premier no longer can transfer to Asiamiles? That was my main reason for using them!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: CX MP Gold
Just discovered this myself. I have a HSBC USA Premier credit card and the main reason was to be able to convert the points to Asiamiles. Now I have 65,000+ points that I was looking to transfer to Asiamiles as I have done in the past and it says "This item is temporarily unavailable" on the HSBC site. Maybe this is a result of Cathay coming out with their own branded credit card in the USA? No heads up from HSBC or Cathay Pacific has left a bad taste in my mouth. No reason to stay with HSBC now and Cathay Pacific might have just put the final nail in the coffin for me...I wish them luck with their turnaround.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Great news! It appears that the relationship will be resumed. I haven't figure out how to use HSBC's new interface to check reward points, but hopefully they can be redeemed.

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/abou...0007d21c39RCRD

Asia Miles and HSBC United States resume partnership

Asia Miles Finance & Insurance partner HSBC United States resumed participation in the Asia Miles programme on 1 September 2017. You can again convert 1 HSBC Reward point to 1 Asia Mile.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: CX MP Gold
Amazing!!! I might just stick around.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Unfortunately, it seems that the partnership will end by December 31st:

"Alert

Beginning on December 31, 2017, the Asia Miles Reward for Miles redemption option will no longer be available. If you wish to redeem your Points for Asia Miles, please do so before December 31, 2017. Our other airline partners will not be impacted by this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackheath
Unfortunately, it seems that the partnership will end by December 31st:

"Alert

Beginning on December 31, 2017, the Asia Miles Reward for Miles redemption option will no longer be available. If you wish to redeem your Points for Asia Miles, please do so before December 31, 2017. Our other airline partners will not be impacted by this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
Thanks a million for catching this and so sad to hear this as well. With 2x points for travel spending and no annual fee, it has been a great option so far for me.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:01 pm

wow i didnt realize until today... sigh,may as well just convert my points to cash. They are devaluing the points in april as well.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:58 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Originally Posted by abc5
wow i didnt realize until today... sigh,may as well just convert my points to cash. They are devaluing the points in april as well.
Do you know how much they're devaluing the points by and where did you hear it from? Is it just for points to cash or the partner transfer ratios as well?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:26 pm

yeah the either sent me an email or a letter... I'll have to see if i can find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.