Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy ticket on a 2-class regional aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy ticket on a 2-class regional aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by GE90-115B
T
Seems like my post is only half true after revisiting this old thread. You are only going to be moved to J if your ticket (booked in W or R) is part of a long-haul itinerary. So you are out of luck if your journey in PEY is a single short-haul segment or roundtrip.
Not necessarily. I was traveling on a one-way BKK-HKG ticket and was bumped up to J a few weeks out.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Thanks, everyone!

Silly question, but how do you price out mixed class bookings on ITA matrix? I only see options for "cheapest available", "premium economy", "business class or higher", and "first class". They seem to apply to the whole journey. Do you look at each sector individually?
In ITA, if you select PEY it will show the first leg in business and second in PEY.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
In most cases, at least recently, when I bought R SFO-HKG-PEK, HKG-PEK was booked into I when PEY is not available.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxlabase
In ITA, if you select PEY it will show the first leg in business and second in PEY.
Thank you!

Since I'm looking at a promo PEY ticket, that would be E class? Guess I'd better do my best to book my ticket on a flight with a PEY cabin. It'll be just bad luck if there's an aircraft swap later on.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Thank you!

Since I'm looking at a promo PEY ticket, that would be E class? Guess I'd better do my best to book my ticket on a flight with a PEY cabin. It'll be just bad luck if there's an aircraft swap later on.
If they swap to a flight without PEY, who knows - they may put you in J instead or give you compensation.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
If they swap to a flight without PEY, who knows - they may put you in J instead or give you compensation.
They might try to get away with downgrade + nothing at all
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Just done it for flight over CNY SIN>>>HKG return.
Outbound on a 773 booked into H Class
Inbound on a 359 booked into E Class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.