Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

2D on CX 897 only option given online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I am flying LAX>HKG 1/19 using AS redemption for first. Expert flyer showed 5 seats available several days ago but when I used manage my booking on CX website, only seat availae was 2D so I selected it. Now when I go look I am locked out of updating it. Are they holding back the whole cabin? Locking out all the seats? I tried calling US call center but each time after being on hold for 30+ mins I gave up and hung up. 3X this happened.

I know there is no bad first seat but was hoping to get 1A or 2A. Its my first time in First. Having flown in J several times, I really wanted to maximize my 1 time in First. Windows would help.

Also, my strategy is stay up late tonight and try and sleep as much as I can first half of flight and then stay up last 8 hours so when I land at 4pm I can try and make it to 10 or 11pm HK time. I have a redeye to Perth the following evening in J and want to get on Perth time ASAP.

Thx

EDIT: while typing I was on hold again and call was answered after 38 mins. Looks like I am only one in First on this flight so I chose seat 1A. I am sure I can switch tomorrow if there is a better option?

Last edited by jonnyz1245; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:26 am Reason: update
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Does online check-in (not MMB) let you change to something else? If not, then phone reservations or airport check-in will be able to move you. Seat selection for F on MMB does not offer all seats. 2A/2K is blocked as they are bassinet. I believe 1A and 1K are also blocked unless you are elite. Phone and airport can assign those seats.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Call Asia Miles

Originally Posted by jonnyz1245
EDIT: while typing I was on hold again and call was answered after 38 mins. Looks like I am only one in First on this flight so I chose seat 1A. I am sure I can switch tomorrow if there is a better option?
This happened to me last month. Was locked out of changing my seat online. Called the Asia Miles line at +852-2747-3838. Punched in my Asia Miles # to continue and was connected immediately to an English speaking rep. Gave the rep my CX PNR and she updated my seat selection in about 2 minutes. Also went from 2D to 1A. Much easier than calling the regular customer service line and waiting on hold forever.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:38 pm

I assume you do not have CX status? When you book as a Oneworld statusholder the F window seats are all blocked at booking. If you have Oneworld status, after booking you can go to manage my booking and select window seats, if you have no/low status i think they remain blocked.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I think this is sort of a result of being complained too much that revenue F passengers can only get 1D and 2D when buying F tickets say one or two months ahead of actual flying time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.