Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Anyone know when the breakfast to all day switchover time is? I have an upcoming AA flight out of LHR and all of the menu items on my flight at 12:50 look meh at best (shocker!) and so was figuring I'd have an early lunch in the CX F lounge. I'm not much of a breakie person, my AA flight boards at noon so was thinking I'd go to the lounge at 11ish for an early lunch but wanted to check if that would be on offer at that time. Thanks
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
12 noon I think, you might be able to ask nicely for the lunch menu early though if they're not too busy!
I got there about 11:06 and they had the all day menu out already, food was quite good
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I was there yesterday early afternoon... first lounge had at most 7 people in it, compared to the BA F lounge which had more than 100. The fish and chips were surprisingly good, and the lounge overall is very nice and feels consistent with the Pier at HKG (though obviously much smaller).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:50 pm

Visited the business lounge on a Friday at around 1300 (I was flying BA Club as a non-status passenger).

First impression on entering was the tranquility as opposed to the BA Lounge. Plenty space in the dining area where I had some dim sum and a couple of the noodle soup dishes. Small portions but fresh and tasty.

Drinks wise, the bar area is situated in what I think is the nicest part of the lounge with chairs facing out to apron views. Only one bar person but the lounge was quiet so no problem. A selection of cocktails - I had a Negroni which was very good indeed. Also had a glass or two of Moet which was cold and served in decent sized glasses. Wine selection didn't look that great. AFAIK, the only alcohol that is self serve is the Carlsberg self-service taps in the dining area (which I didn't try but saw the usual result of someone pouring and getting 3/4s of foam and a 1/4 lager in the glass...).

Overall, a fantastic lounge and I think it ticks all the boxes of what the range of customers want. Hot fresh food, decent drinks selection, variety of seating/resting options and a relaxing ambiance.

Went to the BA club lounge afterwards just to show the person I was travelling with the difference. The atmosphere just feels old and tired compared to the CX lounge. As it was mid-afternoon the food offerings don't even bear comparison (sandwiches) but if you're a drinker then the self-pour option of 4 whites and 4 reds plus numerous spirit options might give some a reason to prefer a visit over CX. But otherwise, it's a no-brainer. The CX lounge blows the spots, fur and skin off BA.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I am currently in there, in the First section. It is not as quiet as I imagined, although a large group left to catch the next CX flight so it might get quieter, but there are still 20 people. Quite a few seems to be here for the AY flight. The area is nice and comfortable, the chair overlooking the apron are particularly comfortable. I will try something in the restaurant although I do not want to over indulge as there is a feast awaiting me on board.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I enjoyed dining in the First lounge. However I really liked the ambience in the business class lounge, and especially the fact that they have a bar with a cocktail menu. Sadly I didn't get to try any cocktails because I didn't have time.

I asked about cocktails while dining in the First lounge, but I was told they do not serve any.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I stopped for a late lunch in the CX F lounge.

I liked the general ambience of the newly refurbished lounge but I can see that it might get crowded at peak times.

Very friendly welcome at reception and directed to the Flounge, which I see is still in the same place.

I enjoyed my lunch very much- asparagus, Dan Dan Mien and fruit plate with lime sorbet. All the dishes were well executed and tasty. Impressive glass and table ware as well as cutlery.

Some small areas of constructive feedback:

1. While the asparagus was perfectly cooked, the poached egg was slightly too runny for me (accept it is personal choice) and it was over seasoned with salt. In addition, black pepper had been added, which I do not like.

2. Whilst enjoying my starter, the noodles arrived when I had hardly made much inroad to the starter. Not ideal.

3. My starter plate was not removed until quite a while later, although the dining room was not busy and the waiter walked passed several times to clear a nearby table.

4. An empty glass not removed for quite a while.

5. Melon was not sufficiently ripe.

Nit picking perhaps, but small things that could/should be improved to make the dining room really great.

Staff friendly throughout.

As others have mentioned, the champagne/wine selection is not really First class but I liked the option of cocktails, which is good, although I did not have any on this occasion. Another time. Only available in BA's CCR not GF, so certainly an additional plus.

A very nice lounge and I will certainly return.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Very effective and good service on a ticket related matter from the British ladies manning the entrance desk on my last visit. Also enjoyed the layout of the shower rooms once more, hope this is implemented elsewhere too.

Thumbs up indeed! ^
Old May 1, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
What is the breakfast offering in the Business Class lounge at LHR. Currently BAEC Silver nod will be travelling AA J class to Miami then AY J class to Helsinki.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:23 am

Restaurant in LHR F Lounge

Gonna be flying in F for the first time tomorow - quite excited. So will also be the first time I will be able to access the restaurant too - just wanted to check all the food in the "menu" is free Also, are there any etiquette like tipping the waiter etc. ? I am a relatively regular flyer with BA CW but to be honest, from what I have seen in youtube, CX seems to be much better so fancied trying it out. Is the lounge far away from the gate ?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Gonna be flying in F for the first time tomorow - quite excited. So will also be the first time I will be able to access the restaurant too - just wanted to check all the food in the "menu" is free Also, are there any etiquette like tipping the waiter etc. ? I am a relatively regular flyer with BA CW but to be honest, from what I have seen in youtube, CX seems to be much better so fancied trying it out. Is the lounge far away from the gate ?
Yes it is free, and no you don't have to tip - if it does happen I have never seen it done. There is no expectation of tipping.

See here for maps https://www.oneworld.com/airports-de...on-heathrow-uk

The CX gates are typically at the end of the pier on the north west corner of T3, so gates 30-42. Probably a good 10 minute walk - some of the travelators are currently down for maintenance on that pier.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes it is free, and no you don't have to tip - if it does happen I have never seen it done. There is no expectation of tipping.

See here for maps https://www.oneworld.com/airports-de...on-heathrow-uk

The CX gates are typically at the end of the pier on the north west corner of T3, so gates 30-42. Probably a good 10 minute walk - some of the travelators are currently down for maintenance on that pier.
Cool thanks for the info KARFA

Any particular things I should try out in the F Lounge as it isn't something I will get to use regularly. I am a regular visitor to the BA business lounge however it is underwhelming so I expect some good stuff from F lounge especially those review videos on youtube
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
a lot of discussion about the lounge online, so i created this for some more info :-) hopefully useful to somebody!

Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
a lot of discussion about the lounge online, so i created this for some more info :-) hopefully useful to somebody!

Cathay Pacific First & Business lounges - Heathrow Terminal 3 - YouTube
Very good review - thank you. I've used the CX F lounge many times, and enjoy it still the same as my first visit. Next week again for me ^
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:30 am

Is a full English breakfast available and is it good quality with a wide choice? Is food cooked fairly freshly and not left for hours in one of those ghastly heaters? What time does breakfast cease? Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by dave31
Is a full English breakfast available and is it good quality with a wide choice? Is food cooked fairly freshly and not left for hours in one of those ghastly heaters? What time does breakfast cease? Thanks
Yes, there is a full English available. It is a decent size, but goes well with a portion of pancakes if you are particularly hungry. The full English comprises of bacon, sausage, tomato, beans, mushrooms and eggs of your choice. And no, it has never seemed to be sat under a hot lamp for hours on end drying out, like you would get in the BA lounge.

I'm not sure until when breakfast is served to be honest - I've usually been there at 'regular' breakfast times, normally before 10am.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.