Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Marco Polo club priority boarding and Asia miles

Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me if you are registered with Asia Miles and then you paid for Marco Polo club green card you are still not entitled to use MARCO POLO CLUB MEMBERS access line for boarding. As this happened to me last night whereas in my ticket it's shown CXAM 112xxxxxx but on showing my green card Marco Polo which exist same membership no as ASIA MILES , I was denied access to take priority boarding to my flight Cx697.
Please explain when u have green MPC CARD still one will be denied access ?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Hello and welcome!

Unless your membership card is out of date (within 12 months from last renewal), shouldn't have been an issue, especially the flight departs from HKG. You may write a complain email for this incident but expect to get a canned reply though.

If you have received the plastic card, that means you're probably not in the case of "too new to update records in computer". Perhaps try logging in at CX website to check if anything's wrong with your membership status?

BTW, GR priority boarding is at the PEY line now. (In case no PEY, a dedicated GR line may exist)

Last edited by watery; Dec 1, 2016 at 7:31 pm
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Based on the description on your ticket it looks like your MCP membership has expired. MPC is actually quite fast in terms of updating; my gf's MPC status was shown on her ticket and we signed up (and paid) for the membership an hour before we checked in.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
As mentioned by the other poster, you may need to check if your GR expired. When did you get the GR status?

Also, CX697 does not have PEY. The other poster mentioned there may be a dedicated GR line. I am not sure about that, but GR members are not entitled to board with J passengers.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
As mentioned by the other poster, you may need to check if your GR expired. When did you get the GR status?

Also, CX697 does not have PEY. The other poster mentioned there may be a dedicated GR line. I am not sure about that, but GR members are not entitled to board with J passengers.
may be the rule but definitely not enforced as last friday there were several green members in front of us that were allowed to board in the J line. this was flying from lax-hkg
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG

I forgot my experience out of HKG, but on a return flight from XMN operated by KA last July (where no PEY could exist) there was a GR line between J and Y line, which I used. Still, if such line exists and if OP was recognised as GR, then the agent should have directed him/her to that line, instead of stating "no priority boarding".

Originally Posted by dek526
may be the rule but definitely not enforced as last friday there were several green members in front of us that were allowed to board in the J line. this was flying from lax-hkg
I once complained by email on spotting non-status Y pax (identified by boarding pass) being allowed to board in J line. Maybe because that flight was delayed by an hour; received the most elegant canned apology for sure. Also allowed to use J line when only 2 lines (J & Y) exists back in time (and without PEY then).

Last edited by watery; Dec 1, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by dek526
Interesting... GR used to be able to board with J, but I thought the rule was changed a few months ago. There are GR/PEY lines these days, aren't there?

Are you certain they are GR members not traveling in J and not with any J or GO companions?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Interesting... GR used to be able to board with J, but I thought the rule was changed a few months ago. There are GR/PEY lines these days, aren't there?

Are you certain they are GR members not traveling in J and not with any J or GO companions?
i can only confirm the girl in front who busted out her gr card and saw her walking past Y+. the other people with gr cards boarded ahead (as they moved into the f line after all dm and owe emeralds boarded) of me so didn't see where they were sitting. yes i believe there is a separate line but don't think the lax staff is enforcing it. no big deal to me as i wasn't sitting in the back of the bus. i usually don't have a problem fighting for overhead space in Y+
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:00 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Amby
it's shown CXAM 112xxxxxx
Your CX GR expired [/thread]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.