Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Earning Club Points after tier upgrades.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA

Hi, guys
I'll be flying CX110 SYD - HKG and then CX312 HKG - PEK on the same day in J next month, Cathay has sent me an email offering a Marco Polo Club tier upgrades after the flight CX110. So I guess I should be able to earn Club Points for CX312 after the tier upgrades even these 2 flights are on the same day?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Normally in this scenario, because a tier upgrade takes a day or so to happen you would lose the points associated with the second sector. However because they invited you to an upgrade maybe you can ask them separately if they would credit back the second sector.

What kind of "invitation" was this? I assume you're not at the right club point level to earn the upgrade "normally"?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I was missing some club points for trips took place at the start of the year.
If I call CX immediately after the flight, would the person on the phone know I have this offer in my account? Or I have to email CX?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
You could call them and clarify if you could be promoted before the 2 flights so that they can credit both flights towards your new status. Failing which, you can explain what sxc mentioned above and ask how they would credit the CX312 points.

Please make sure to keep your BP for retroactive claim just in case
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your reply, just got the reply from CX saying that I need to contact them on the next day when I got off from CX110, and then they will manual upgrade me and I would be able to earn club points for CX312 as it would only be credited to my account after at least 2 days.
Just want to know, in this case I think I should call CX instead of writing an Email, but would the person on the phone know that I have that offer on my account?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:35 am

Why don't you just remove your Marcopolo number for the second flight and claim back later to play safe?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:11 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Also can we ask what's your current tier and how many points short you are to upgrade?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: CX
What exactly was the detail of this "invitation"?

It's not something that's common to the program. But it does look like MPO have been reaching out to some members lately. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27389763-post868.html
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies, it's all good now. Just called Marco Polo Club and the agent said they have made a note in my account and when I call them after the flight they will manually upgrade the tier and credit CX312.

The whole story was very simple, I was not a MPC member in February this year, when I made a PEY round trip to SYD, so I didn't get any CP for this trip. Later I joined MPC and I'm now SL at 480 CP, 120 away to GO.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: CX Gold
Good to hear things have worked out rays.

Slightly off topic:

I just happened to bank a 100 pts flight where the up tier only required 20 pts. I only realised that after the door was shut, let me try to ask Marco Polo for the 80 pts which was 'wasted'.

Any similar experience from you guys?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.