Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

I guess it's one company two systems? Different prices offered

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold

I was buying a ticket from Hong Kong to China, and on the Cathay Pacific website it only shows full fare Y or C ticket. I say to myself that can't be right. So I went over to the Dragon Air website and entered the same destinations. Sure enough I've gotten multiple fares.

Why are they making it that much harder for customers to book tickets at two places to get the best price, rather than link them and customers can have all the choices at the same place?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:11 pm

I noticed the similar issue last month when I tried to buy HKG to BKK, for a weeks it only give me normal fare price. Also google flight search only showed the high prices also. When I was 4 weeks out from my departure date, the cheaper price discount fares started showing up.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:31 pm

They talk about integration, but they cant even put the check-in aisles next to each other ... I wouldn't expect they can harmonize their fares.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
IT glitch? I know that CX website will always book the first segment under CX code, so maybe it can not utilize KA fares?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: NZ, QF
Originally Posted by hkskyline
They talk about integration, but they cant even put the check-in aisles next to each other ... I wouldn't expect they can harmonize their fares.
I believe separating their check-in aisles at different ends of the departure hall at HKG is an intention from HKAA to more evenly distribute foot traffic across the hall, considering that they are the biggest carriers operating out of HK and have flights throughout the day.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
Originally Posted by KeepDiscovering
I believe separating their check-in aisles at different ends of the departure hall at HKG is an intention from HKAA to more evenly distribute foot traffic across the hall, considering that they are the biggest carriers operating out of HK and have flights throughout the day.
I believe they have separate check-in counter in PEK as well, but in the same aisle, with CX counters in the far end of the aisle. Last month when I was checking in for a CX flight at KA counter, I was told to do it at CX counter. ( I didn't even know there are CX counters as I always do it at KA counters.)
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: MPC DM
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I was buying a ticket from Hong Kong to China, and on the Cathay Pacific website it only shows full fare Y or C ticket. I say to myself that can't be right. So I went over to the Dragon Air website and entered the same destinations. Sure enough I've gotten multiple fares.

Why are they making it that much harder for customers to book tickets at two places to get the best price, rather than link them and customers can have all the choices at the same place?
My experience is that CX and Dragon websites are sync-ed, at least most recently and for the flights I was looking for, but there is a discrepancy with the handheld app somehow. Handheld app has a slightly cheaper price.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by rays
I believe they have separate check-in counter in PEK as well, but in the same aisle, with CX counters in the far end of the aisle. Last month when I was checking in for a CX flight at KA counter, I was told to do it at CX counter. ( I didn't even know there are CX counters as I always do it at KA counters.)
CX and KA have nowhere near the number of flights ex-PEK than they do ex-HKG. It makes sense to separate the two biggest carriers on two ends of the Airport.

Now, it we could check in for CX and KA flights at either of CX's or KA's counters, that would be a welcome!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
CX and KA have nowhere near the number of flights ex-PEK than they do ex-HKG. It makes sense to separate the two biggest carriers on two ends of the Airport.

Now, it we could check in for CX and KA flights at either of CX's or KA's counters, that would be a welcome!
While KA's counter in PEK has always been left side of aisle C (assuming you are standing at the drop-off zone), the check-in counters for CX keep changing in the last few years...

As far as I remember, few years ago it's sort of the same as the current setting i.e. at far end of left side of aisle C... Then moved to right side of aisle C... Then moved to left side of aisle B in the last two years.... Now back to far end of aisle C.....

Check-in from either counter technically works, but won't happen unless CX merged the two ground staff....
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Gold
Actually I find something very strange within CX booking system as well! (maybe some of you discussed it before)
When I try to search for HAM-HKG J class fare, on CX website, obviously they offer either transfer at DUS with AB connection or LHR with BA connection. But when I do the same search on CX mobile app, more options like LH and KL are available(some kind of old agreements before AB joined Oneworld?), and no J class option available for ordinary AB/BA connection options! How strange is it??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.