Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership number error

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Membership number error

I can login to my account but the system gives an error message when trying to make booking , saying membership number incorrect. Also when I try to call the service center the system doesn't recognize my number and won't transfer me to a live agent. any clues?

Please review the following items:
We are having difficulties with the Asia Miles memership number(s) you have entered due to a mismatch between the name and number listed below. Please check and enter again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact the Asia Miles Service Centreupon completion of your booking.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Perhaps try calling 2747 3333 (or whatever your Global Contact Centre for your country is), select IVR as if you're buying a new ticket (fastest way to Contact The Living w/out MPO status) and explain to agent what's happened?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Perhaps a slight misspelling? Middle initial issue?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Seems like the typical system problems. I can't check in online right now either ("we are having a temporary technical error")
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:33 am

I'm getting the message too. Couldn't get around it. Tried all of IE/Chrome/Firefox and in Incognito/Private modes. Even tried doing it out of iPhone Safari and going back to https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ion-login.html .

No dice. Gonna need to wait out this problem.

"Please review the following items:

We are having difficulties with the Asia Miles memership number(s) you have entered due to a mismatch between the name and number listed below. Please check and enter again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact the Asia Miles Service Centre upon completion of your booking."
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Yesterday, I encountered same problem too.
Is it fixed now?
CX IT is really not reliable
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:28 pm

I've isolated the problem to:

New account: all dates

Old accounts: August 2017

Creating a waitlist with old account in July 2017 works. Just have to change it back to August 2017 over the phone.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:58 am

CX website have problem AGAIN!

I can't this evening too.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:45 am

Still getting it, even on my wife's relatively aged 1501xxxxxx account (I decided to scrub out "ancient" as we've 100xxxxxxx accounts in the family).

Had to add her to my redemption list (which she's never been on all the time since we've been dating and during our marriage) to get around this.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:33 pm

The problem is still going on...
It has been two weeks!
No idea why it takes so long to fix this problem..
Shame on CX !
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:13 am

i found work around.

after you get this errors, you can find your redemption in cx web. Just press "issue tickets", then you can issue tickets online.

good luck.

rubbish CX! rubbish CX!!!!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by aapl23
i found work around.

after you get this errors, you can find your redemption in cx web. Just press "issue tickets", then you can issue tickets online.

good luck.

rubbish CX! rubbish CX!!!!
Thanks for sharing. I did try your way but still didnt work
When press "issue tickets", it shows "Due to internal system error, you are unable to proceed further. Please close the current browser and try again."

I tried again and again and didnt go any further!
Why CX IT so RUBBISH!!!!!????
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:16 am

The very same problem happened today.

CX seemingly has fired IT guys for their budget cut.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
I had similar issues, and it was related to their new "qualified" MPC plan.

If you don't qualify for one of the tiers, you must either pay $100, or you get pushed to AsiaMiles.

Even calling in, after you enter your MPC number, instead of routing you to the MPC, it instead routes you to AsiaMiles.

I had anticipated this problem. My membership year was set to expire at the end of August. When I was on a call with them in mid-August, I inquired about it, and asked if I should pay. They said no, you will receive an email.

In early September, I called again, specifically to inquire about this. I was told my membership year had been extended to 2017. I thought perhaps it was because I had several upcoming F reservations, although even that seemed unlikely as they are redemption flights. Regardless, I asked twice in the same call, and was told I was good until August, 2017.

Then when I had problems (similar to what is described above) I called MPC. Was routed to AsiaMiles. There, they explained it was because my MPC membership had expired, and I needed to rejoin. I did so online (paid my $100USD) and all is working fine again.

Huge fail. MPC agents uninformed during TWO calls about the expiration issues. No Email sent reminding/prompting me to renew. And confusing/ineffective error messages on the website.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:35 pm

Phone login system also has similar problems http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...sia-miles.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.