Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX to acquire five EK 777-300 (non-ER) aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1340247

One of which was the frame that was involved in the EK521 crash. They are intended to replace on a one-for-one basis the five 777-200 aircraft, which will in turn be retired or shipped off to their new homes. Overall this represents a capacity increase on regional flights, but not a regional fleet increase. In fact, with the news that 5 A330s along with the four daily KUL flights (for now) will be transferred to KA, the regional fleet and operation is shrinking in size.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
EK521 is not a write off?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by capin
EK521 is not a write off?
Obviously a write off but still plan to take 5 frames regardless.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by maortega15
Obviously a write off but still plan to take 5 frames regardless.
Aaaah, I see the statement in context now. Oh dear, I'l get my coat.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Kinda looking forward to see those nasty regional A330 out of CX....I really hate those high density 33Ps
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
This gives CX a chance to introduce 10 abreast in Y, and hopefully Cirrus seats in C. Do the same for the original 12 regional -300s. Then pass all the 33Ps to Dragonair and CX will offer a consistent high quality seat in C. Widening the quality differential between C and Y, and avoiding the seat impact of aircraft roulette, will justify the substantial price differential on relatively short flights.

Read this with with the KUL change, the 777-ERs freed in Europe can go to Australia, freeing those 330s for regional service and, in turn, passing 33Ps to KA and allowing the ancient CX and KA 330 frames (some over 20 years) to be sold/retired.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:54 pm

I hope they learned their lesson from SQ and check them thoroughly!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by TomYoung
This gives CX a chance to introduce 10 abreast in Y, and hopefully Cirrus seats in C. Do the same for the original 12 regional -300s. Then pass all the 33Ps to Dragonair and CX will offer a consistent high quality seat in C. Widening the quality differential between C and Y, and avoiding the seat impact of aircraft roulette, will justify the substantial price differential on relatively short flights.

I don't think they will make these EK 777 10 abreast as very likely they will reuse the old fixed back shell Y seat so the seat layout will be 3-3-3

Also I don't think they will fit FB2 on any regional equipment as that will create serious revenue management problem for ports jointly operated by CX and KA.... Their best strategy is what they currently do: align regional products between CX and KA to allow maximum flexibility in aircraft rotation without pushing passengers to particularly one type of equipment under same fare (like most people will try to book FB2 if there's possibility that LH equipment is scheduled)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.