Wiki Posts
Search

benefits after 1800 club points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Go | CX Sl | CZ SL | Accor Plat | SPG Gold
benefits after 1800 club points

did anyone already reached over 1800 CP since the new program started?
i'm wondering if there are more unlisted benefits after 1800 CP.

i just calculated that i would easily go over 2000 CP in my upcoming membership year if i would credit all my OW flights to CX.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I think it would be DMP... Assuming that you only fly CX
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sscywong
I think it would be DMP... Assuming that you only fly CX
In the end, DMP will likely require much higher than 2000 Club Points by the time a member gets to top 1% of DM by CX revenue.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

for sure DMP is out of reach as i maximum spend about 20k EUR on CX a year.

But as most additional benefits happen every 200 CP it would make sense if they would hand out additional Upgrade vouchers or partner diamond card or redemption jockers as BA does beyond the 1800 CP.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by DGMAX
for sure DMP is out of reach as i maximum spend about 20k EUR on CX a year.

But as most additional benefits happen every 200 CP it would make sense if they would hand out additional Upgrade vouchers or partner diamond card or redemption jockers as BA does beyond the 1800 CP.
I'm in a similar boat. I won't realistically come within striking distance of the $100-$150k+ on CX metal only that you would need to be in DMP range. But I could probably hit 3,000+ points (maybe more!) if I dedicated all my travel to CX and OW, and credited to MPC....but I'm not going to. So what I'm doing is strategizing, flying other carriers, and basically ensuring I end with precisely 1,800 points for the year. Being honest, if there was something at 2,000 or 2,200 I'd probably aim for that too. But I'd probably try to find a way to incorporate a few other carriers like QR or JL if doing so, as 2,200 points on strictly CX would drive you nuts, especially if you're on 77G (see my mini rant below).

The problem with CX is outlined in other threads. The soft product varies between "alright" to downright sucking, but the hard product is very good (this includes both lounges and on-board). Service can vary wildly, CX has crap staff : pax ratios and some really horrific layouts for J class (77G and 33P come to mind), J class F&B is not good relatively speaking in the context of the competition...it's really not an elevated on-board experience in any sense. But the hard product is good, and this doesn't just include the seats but things like the recently upgraded duvet, which is better than I have found on virtually every other carrier in J.

The one virtually *always* redeeming factor is the usually spot-on service they give CX Diamonds which I am quite grateful for. DM is just an excellent FFP program and CX deserves a lot of credit for that IMO because they keep me sticking despite cutting soft services over and over. But with staff morale at an absolute low and these poor aircraft layouts - I abhor 33P and 77G in J class, I was writing a post the other day about this but it just got too long - anecdotally I'm feeling that service standards even towards DMs are slipping, at least on those aircraft when they are full. There is something dreadfully wrong with CX's relationship with its staff at the moment and its showing in service. I also don't fly much economy class, but I must say my heavens I complain about 33P in J class, but what about Y class?! I believe there are only SEVEN FAs for the entire economy section! Which is huge! That must actually be approaching the limit for staff: pax ratio.

(flights consistently remain absolutely lovely if they aren't full, which is just proof in the pudding to me that something is amiss with how CX is staffing the planes and/or treating their staff. The caveat is 77H, which no matter what service always seems to be decent if you're in the mini-cabin or the first few rows of the back section)

Rant over. Ultimately, I will stop accruing to CX once I hit 1,800. I'm already spending some of my $ flying on BR, EK and SQ, as well as burning awards and whatnot which don't accrue anything.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jul 23, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by DGMAX
did anyone already reached over 1800 CP since the new program started?
i'm wondering if there are more unlisted benefits after 1800 CP.

i just calculated that i would easily go over 2000 CP in my upcoming membership year if i would credit all my OW flights to CX.
reached 1800 - there are no more benefits - reset, took the 4 upgrades and working up to 1300 again after 3 months, will do the same again once hit 1800.. want to keep banking the upgrades.. pushed MP to accept next day upgrade as with my patterns, there is no way i can predict 14 days out which flight i will be on..
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cxlondon
reached 1800 - there are no more benefits - reset, took the 4 upgrades and working up to 1300 again after 3 months, will do the same again once hit 1800.. want to keep banking the upgrades.. pushed MP to accept next day upgrade as with my patterns, there is no way i can predict 14 days out which flight i will be on..
the upgrades are at 1600, right not 1800...curious why you just didn't ask for a reset at 1600 instead? Or is that what you'll do the second round through presumably now that you've gifted GO to someone?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
the upgrades are at 1600, right not 1800...curious why you just didn't ask for a reset at 1600 instead? Or is that what you'll do the second round through presumably now that you've gifted GO to someone?
your absolutely right.. wife got the gold at 1800... im closer than i thought.. happy days and the reset will happen at 1600.. btw i was on the 359 yesterday... it is a beautiful aircraft..
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

reached 1800 - there are no more benefits - reset, took the 4 upgrades and working up to 1300 again after 3 months, will do the same again once hit 1800.. want to keep banking the upgrades..
so you are saying the only additional benefits you get is after you reach new mid tier 1400 and 1600 points after 1800 reset.
so basically the next very useful benefit (4 upgrade vouchers) you will get after hitting 3400 CP (1800+1600)

pushed MP to accept next day upgrade as with my patterns, there is no way i can predict 14 days out which flight i will be on..
can you use the upgrade vouchers also against revenue inventory or do you need to wait for award inventory to open up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.