Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by percysmith
24left I think CX treats paper BP as the authoritative BP. Mobile BP is a mere convenience.

Ah, but then looking at my mobile BPs on my iPhone from the previous 829 and 826 trip, the FF and OW tier is showing. Compare that to this trip with zip.

I just want to know why bother having the option of mobile BPs available for Wallet, but then giving you error messages when you try to do online check-in and also when you try to add your FF during the process. I took screen shots of the entire adventure for CX 829, 759, 710 and 826.

(I admit to a chuckle thinking if Air Canada can manage this minor task given it's notorious IT issues......)

Now the waiting game begins...to see of all 4 flights post.

Last edited by 24left; Jul 11, 2016 at 10:41 pm Reason: "task" spelling
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:11 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
You don't get mobile BPs from all outports either (you can't mobile BP from BNE)
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
You don't get mobile BPs from all outports either (you can't mobile BP from BNE)

OK, CX Mobile BPs as decorative items then..

Still doesn't explain these
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 24left
OK, CX Mobile BPs as decorative items then..

Still doesn't explain these
The only way I could check in this week was via the CX app.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by neofung
after being failure in doing online check-in, my recent trips cannot capture my BA membership. Hence, no tier points and avios are being credited.

Used BA online tools to retrieve those missing avios but failed. Called BA and they said there were numerous cases. So if you are BA members and flying CX recently, please monitor carefully.
Originally Posted by sxc
I'm having trouble having BA number show on online check in but the mobile boarding pass does show my lounge pass. Very strange. Will see if BA number prints at physical check in.
When the physical boarding pass printed out, my BA number was shown. My BA number never showed on my mobile boarding pass.

The points posted to my BA account automatically without intervention.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:12 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Recently I flew on a CX AM redemption but added my BA number for status. I was able to select seats for free but the BA number would never stick on the CX website, it always showed the Asia Miles number even when it came to check-in and on the mobile BP.

However, at airport check-in I didn't even go to a priority desk and the agent stuck priority tags plus my BA number showed on the paper BP.

I also have this strange problem with the CX website front page when I search for London - Hong Kong flights. If I type LHR or London in the "from" box, I am not able to select HKG in the "to" box and I tried with 6 browsers on 3 computers. But it works if I type LHR and select LHR/LGW in the "from" box.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by :D!
I also have this strange problem with the CX website front page when I search for London - Hong Kong flights. If I type LHR or London in the "from" box, I am not able to select HKG in the "to" box and I tried with 6 browsers on 3 computers. But it works if I type LHR and select LHR/LGW in the "from" box.
Ah yes.....that problem again
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Recently I flew on a CX AM redemption but added my BA number for status. I was able to select seats for free but the BA number would never stick on the CX website, it always showed the Asia Miles number even when it came to check-in and on the mobile BP.

However, at airport check-in I didn't even go to a priority desk and the agent stuck priority tags plus my BA number showed on the paper BP.
It seems to me that the redeemed tix always stick with the AM account which was used for redemption. Actually you may add multiple FFP# to each reservation. That was why your status was recognized by the agent. But the main FFP# which would always be the AM acc which the miles deducted from
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: no status
I've tried to put my name on upgrade wait list and kept getting same error message on the final step.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by tulalit
I've tried to put my name on upgrade wait list and kept getting same error message on the final step.
Try https://www.asiamiles.com/amwdsibere...NTRYCOUNTRY=HK
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:33 pm

Have had these issues myself, and whatever doesn't work in other browsers (particularly the "empty" manage my bookings issue and "origin/destination issue") will 100% work with Google Chrome. Figured I share this after confirming it over the past two months (~50 logins/transactions)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:01 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I'm still getting the same error and can't check in... even after entering and re-entering the contact details and FFP number in MMB.
Originally Posted by sxc
When the physical boarding pass printed out, my BA number was shown. My BA number never showed on my mobile boarding pass.
Just tried checking in and the problem is still occurring for me.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I have a "registered account" which allows me to add bookings since I don't use my MPC account anymore. In the last day or so, my account has now lost all my bookings that I had entered and you can no longer add bookings to your account. Not really sure what has happened.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
I faced the same error screen as #93.
Mobile App works for me too.

Checking-in via mobile app, I had no chance to put my FFP number on my record.
I had put them when I reserved seats in advance but now my record lost my FFP number.
I try to add it online they just return error as follows.

Unfortunately we were unable to record your Frequent Flyer number in your check in record. Please use the Add/Update Frequent Flyer function, or present your membership card at the Airport check In counter.

I used Add/Update Frequent Flyer function
I'm afraid I'm treated as non-elite flyer... I have OW Sapphire!

Edit: I confirmed my mobile BP shows I have no tier.

Last edited by LandMiler; Sep 17, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LandMiler
I faced the same error screen as #93.
Mobile App works for me too.

Checking-in via mobile app, I had no chance to put my FFP number on my record.
I had put them when I reserved seats in advance but now my record lost my FFP number.
I try to add it online they just return error as follows.

Unfortunately we were unable to record your Frequent Flyer number in your check in record. Please use the Add/Update Frequent Flyer function, or present your membership card at the Airport check In counter.

I used Add/Update Frequent Flyer function
I'm afraid I'm treated as non-elite flyer... I have OW Sapphire!

Edit: I confirmed my mobile BP shows I have no tier.
Does the mobile boarding pass on the back show you have access to the lounge?

I found that sometimes my tier doesn't show but in the Apple Wallet boarding pass it shows I have like access on the back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.