Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Strong
So I've recently encountered a Manage Booking issue that I haven't experienced before. I'm trying to change seat assignments for a roundtrip J ticket (bought on the CX website) that has 4 sectors.

I can't change any of my seat assignments and for each sector, there is a message stating:

"This flight sector does not allow seat request in advance.
For flights operated by Cathay Pacific and Dragonair, please check in online to select your preferred seat up to 48 hours before your flight. If you are not eligible to check in online, please proceed directly to airport for check-in.
For other flights, please contact the operating carrier’s reservations office for any enquiry."

I'm DM, this is a J class ticket and my MarcoPolo number is on the PNR.

The first 2 flight sectors are for a departure in 11 days and there are open J seats - 1st sector shorthaul and 2nd sector longhaul. The last 2 sectors are in mid-July and there are open J seats as well - the 3rd sector longhaul and 4th sector shorthaul.

I've never had this happen before and am wondering if anyone on FT has experienced this.
For those who are holding award reservations, this inability to select seat under Manage My Booking has been reported a full month ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...d-booking.html

So now it has affected everyone not just the partner award bookings.

And this new thread on unable to select J seat on I Fare

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ss-i-fare.html
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA EC
online check in is not able due unable to capture my information...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
And this new thread on unable to select J seat on I Fare

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ss-i-fare.html[/QUOTE]

Just made a booking in I and D classes. I could select seat at time of booking but when I went to see if there were any other seats open I couldn't change it. Came here and read this thread. Been away from Cathay for a few months and I see nothing changes on the IT front
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:08 am

Having the seat change issue on paid bookings, and the system refuses to capture my BA FF number. Also having issues getting to the payment screen on the two bookings ive made over the last week.

I've decided next time i book, probably to Tokyo, if i get an error I'm going straight to JL. I've had enough of wasting time on cx.com.

Last edited by 1010101; Jun 27, 2016 at 8:12 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by phol
Also having the seat change issue on paid bookings, and the system refuses to capture my BA FF number. Also having issues getting to the payment screen on the two bookings ive made over the last week.

I've decided next time i book, probably to Tokyo, if i get an error I'm going straight to JL. I've had enough of wasting time on cx.com.
I'm going all the way to JL next year after I renew DM with CX as I will be doing a majority of flights ex TYO. If you can do 50% on JL its worth considering.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:41 pm

Check-in doesn't seem to be working for me. When I get to the page where you put your phone number and FFP number in it says:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem
We're sorry, there has been an error in capturing your travel information. Please start the check in process again and if the problem persists, proceed to the airport where our staff will be happy to check you in.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Check-in doesn't seem to be working for me. When I get to the page where you put your phone number and FFP number in it says:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem
We're sorry, there has been an error in capturing your travel information. Please start the check in process again and if the problem persists, proceed to the airport where our staff will be happy to check you in.
same here, airport staff said may due to FFP number
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
I successfully checked in this morning on the app
not sure if I will be able to check in online for other sectors where I cannot select seat due to system error, for the flight I checked in online I was able to select seat, gonna find out a few days later.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:19 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by neofung
same here, airport staff said may due to FFP number
I'm still getting the same error and can't check in... even after entering and re-entering the contact details and FFP number in MMB.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by phol
Having the seat change issue on paid bookings, and the system refuses to capture my BA FF number.
The CX lady on the phone has managed to process the online check-in somehow. Still can't add my BA number though:

Unfortunately we were unable to record your Frequent Flyer number in your check in record. Please use the Add/Update Frequent Flyer function, or present your membership card at the Airport check In counter.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
The CX lady on the phone has managed to process the online check-in somehow. Still can't add my BA number though:

Unfortunately we were unable to record your Frequent Flyer number in your check in record. Please use the Add/Update Frequent Flyer function, or present your membership card at the Airport check In counter.
When i got to the airport my number was loaded, even though the website had refused to do anything but crash for two days
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
I can't check my bookings online today, and it has been days that I cant pre-select seats.

CX IT is rubbish...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
System just crashed again - can't log in and Manage my Bookings.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Alawyer
System just crashed again - can't log in and Manage my Bookings.
Whole morning and even upto now at 330pm HKT still can't access MMB/do online check in.

What a bloody joke Cathay Pathetic! Every week I encounter probs with the app and/or website. Am I the only one here?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Am I the only one here?
You're not. That's why I vote for this thread to become / get a sticky ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.