Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX lounges renovation. Plans/progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Wiki of CX next-generation lounges

With that massive lounge upgrade scheme CX launched a few years ago, this thread is to monitor progress of the upgrades, rather than posting updates in random, numerous The Pier threads we have on here.

For discussions about the actual lounges and their facilities please discuss in the linked threads.

Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)

G16 - Closed as of July 2016. Approximate 1 year renovation.

Seoul (ICN)

Re-opened
Pier J
The Pier F (HKG)
Taipei (TPE)
Tokyo Haneda (HND)
Manila (MNL)
Vancouver (YVR)
Bangkok (BKK)

London Heathrow
Singapore
Print Wikipost

CX lounges renovation. Plans/progress

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:55 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lesteryen
G16 Lounge has closed down for renovation.

I visited it last Sunday and the lounge dragon advised that G16 Lounge will be closed from July 4 onwards and will reopen 1 year later.

G16 used to be managed by Maxim Catering prior to closing down, and I wonder if CX will hand it over to Plaza Premium Group upon its reopening.
Thanks for info. Wiki updated.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Not happening – CX product exec says they're not taking over the HX lounge, all that's happening at The Cabin is a refresh and some layout changes to slightly increase capacity and possibly expand the food service area.
Went to The Cabin for the first time in a while and the renovations have changed the configuration of the "IT Zone". The computer desks are gone and most of the solus chairs also gone. There are now more tables and lounges so there's much more capacity. It's very quiet there even when the other side is rammed. It makes me more likely to visit The Cabin if my gate is close by.

There's no new food service area though.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Posted the below to lounge FAQ on PEK lounge...

Originally Posted by sscywong
PEK lounge seems close to complete renovation... May have some indication on how G16 will be...

1. Entrance: Dragon is gone... Only has a piece of shark fin and CX's name... Lounge staff also changed to CX uniform wearing... Though name still called "KA and CX lounge"

2. Will have a noodle corner... Installation of hardware seems yet to complete so it's not in use yet

3. PC stations cut to only 6 left... But with those circular low tables gone and replaced by dining tables there should be less demand to use those PC stations as dining table...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Updated Wiki.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:26 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Looks like the Seoul lounge has closed for renovation now. CX now using the “Airlines Association” lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
ICN lounge closed?

Got an email from cathay saying that the lounge offering at ICN had been changed. Anyone knows if the CX lounge is close for good or just renovation?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
The ICN lounge is going to be studioilse'd.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:30 pm

As are Shanghai and Beijing, timeline TBA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.