Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by kesler.go
I have 3 of the 4 May 1 flights....extremely worrisome!
If I am booked on 901@01MAY and the innagural is moved to say 05MAY,would CX allow a complimentary rebooking to 05MAY?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
If I am booked on 901@01MAY and the innagural is moved to say 05MAY,would CX allow a complimentary rebooking to 05MAY?
I don't. what booking class are you on? I guess it all boils down the the ticket restrictions. That said, I doubt it would only be delayed by 4 days.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:06 am
Original Poster

I have this thinking, if CX knew the a350 would not be delivered on time, would they not have announced the flight schedule in mid-Feb for May familiarization flights and also SEPT HKG-DUS & HKG-LGW?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:18 am

I have 3 of the 4 May 1 flights....extremely worrisome!
Hi, same here.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:38 am
Original Poster

If you have already made the booking, you can go to Manage My Booking on CX site and click on the "Change booking" link to select your new flight schedule, it will then tell you how much you need to pay extra, if there's a rebooking fee/fare difference.

I have tried the same (but didn't confirm the change) with my Sept booking.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:43 am

Seems to be late April now, possibly later:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-april-421643/

Zodiac are the sole supplier for cabin interiors and do more than just the seats, and are apparently making a mess of many things. Rumour has it CX didn't help by requesting changes after the design cut off.

If i was flying in May i would be worried. You book a seat on a flight, not an aircraft type, so i very much doubt they will allow changes.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by phol
Seems to be late April now, possibly later:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-april-421643/

Zodiac are the sole supplier for cabin interiors and do more than just the seats, and are apparently making a mess of many things. Rumour has it CX didn't help by requesting changes after the design cut off.

If i was flying in May i would be worried. You book a seat on a flight, not an aircraft type, so i very much doubt they will allow changes.
Since the Flight Global article quoting CX World was dated Feb 5 and Airline Route's article on CX A350 flights in May was dated Feb 7, this means CX loaded those May 1 flights in the knowledge of a late April (delayed) delivery date.

Anyway, question: is it common for an airline to receive a brand new aircraft (let alone an entire new model) and then fly it commercially within a week or two?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:49 am
Original Poster

A350 inaugural flight and general discussion

The news came in before CX announced the a350 regional schedule so I assume end of April is still the current target. If after 2 weeks cx#1 is still not in flight test stage then I guess they won't be able to make it in May. Just my observations as I am not an expert.

I also doubt CX would make any exceptions in their rebooking rules as they don't seem to promote much about their new aircraft. I heard that Finnair did waive their rebooking fees for people who made bookings solely for the inaugural flights, though I don't know how much truth is that.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by botfly
The news came in before CX announced the a350 regional schedule so I assume end of April is still the current target. If after 2 weeks cx#1 is still not in flight test stage then I guess they won't be able to make it in May. Just my observations as I am not an expert.

I also doubt CX would make any exceptions in their rebooking rules as they don't seem to promote much about their new aircraft. I heard that Finnair did waive their rebooking fees for people who made bookings solely for the inaugural flights, though I don't know how much truth is that.
Will they flight test without seats installed? Supposed to be nothing wrong with the aircraft itself.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:45 pm

Exclamation

A350 inaugural flight delayed by 1 month. From 01 May to 01 June.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15
A350 inaugural flight delayed by 1 month. From 01 May to 01 June.
https://twitter.com/airlineroute/sta...23555776679937

Called CX this morning and its confirmed, CX901/900 on May 1 is no longer A359, earliest is June 1.

Spent the last hour dealing with the crappy website, rebooking my flights.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster

https://twitter.com/airlineroute/sta...23555776679937

Called CX this morning and its confirmed, CX901/900 on May 1 is no longer A359, earliest is June 1.

Spent the last hour dealing with the crappy website, rebooking my flights.
Just to add more to the current uncertainty, On airlineroute's site, it says ".....although further changes remain highly possible."
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by botfly
Just to add more to the current uncertainty, On airlineroute's site, it says ".....although further changes remain highly possible."
sigh...its one major clusterf*ck....if you google the production line of the A350 you can see about 6 almost done with the assembly and should start cabin-fit soon. They had to move the first one to a separate hanger already but I'm not sure if any work is being done on it.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:14 am
Original Poster

sigh...its one major clusterf*ck....if you google the production line of the A350 you can see about 6 almost done with the assembly and should start cabin-fit soon. They had to move the first one to a separate hanger already but I'm not sure if any work is being done on it.
Depending on which production list you are following, as I found some are not as current as they should. I am basically checking for all sources on a daily basis. For CX#1-3 that have been painted, they are all in parking stand which I assume no work is being done at the moment. I am curious to know whether the business cabin has been installed yet. I have seen the leaked pictures of the new cabin, the change is very subtle that it (or Zodiac) would cause such a delay.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Central90210
Since the Flight Global article quoting CX World was dated Feb 5 and Airline Route's article on CX A350 flights in May was dated Feb 7, this means CX loaded those May 1 flights in the knowledge of a late April (delayed) delivery date.

Anyway, question: is it common for an airline to receive a brand new aircraft (let alone an entire new model) and then fly it commercially within a week or two?
Usually, the airline team would fly to the delivery centre in TLS to perform a few CAF (customer acceptance flights) in order to confirm the aircraft is ready to get deployed. So the answer to your question is yes, but usually for shorter routes to get the crew familiar with the new aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.