Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Last 77G heading to CDG today

CX279's last regularly-scheduled 77G is en route to CDG. Going forward, this route will swap to A35G as planned. First A359 flight to CDG is on the 14th.

Also, CX's 7th A359 will be delivered in less than a week and be immediately ready for deployment (unlike the last few, which required HAECO to install some seats after taking delivery).
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:53 am

B-LRI is en route and lands at HKG in approx 90 minutes.

Somewhat out of sequence again; B-LRI represents CX's 7th A350, arriving before B-LRG. B-LRG will be the 8th, and will be delivered in the next 2 weeks.

For some trivia, I was wondering why there is no B-LRH for CX's A350 fleet. After googling it, there appears to already be a Bombardier Global 5000 private jet with that registration. So CX will skip that. Anyone know whose plane B-LRH is?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
And the next 4 are not far behind. No new use announce before February = Melbourne. I expect to start seeing them overnighting in Manila with its, I believe, lower airport parking charges.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by TomYoung
And the next 4 are not far behind. No new use announce before February = Melbourne. I expect to start seeing them overnighting in Manila with its, I believe, lower airport parking charges.
Definitely agree overall. Regional services should see a brief bump with A359 particularly in Jan, Feb and March before TLV, YVR, MEL and the 2nd daily AKL flight. March is a major step up expansion for A359.

However, minor quibble, but there is indeed a small increase coming up before: this Dec 1 to CDG (Thu service). Since launch earlier this week with A359, CX278/9 is operating only twice weekly. On Dec 1 it will return to 3x weekly by adding the Thursday service. I'm pretty sure CX had to delay the Thursday launch until B-LRI arrived, which it did today. That's how tight things still are. With 7 birds now, there is still at least one (Monday) and possibly another day when 5/7 birds are airborne on long haul missions simultaneously (before today: 5/6). There still isn't much slack in the system.

Also, on Dec 1 the Auckland daily flight will flop to the newly-resumed flight (I think that's cx117/118), while 77G will resume temporarily on cx198/197. I'm guessing this will have some impact on the rotations although what, I'm not exactly sure.

B-LRI is ready to operate. However, I still think there are a few more in the upcoming queue that will need work by HAECO before commencing service despite delivery.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Anyone know has the business class seat "not suitable for flying" issue been resolved? Took B-LRD last week and found that 11DG were still blocked
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:42 am

I had 3 firsts yesterday: my first flight in Y+ on a 350, seat 30A, very comfortable seat, far superior to the regional bizzo seat; my first flight on LRI, its second revenue earning sector, it appeared to be well finished though the toilet basin drain activation is still too well disguised for most PAX; and thirdly my first flight where the captain was a chinese female, WELL DONE. Not relevant to the 350, but the crew was outstanding, multiple greetings, water, red wine, expresso, cognac, and an offer of a surplus bizzo main course. (No, it's not my birthday but I have done a bit of whinging lately.) Again WELL DONE, a really enjoyable flight!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Not sure if this is the best CX A350 thread for this post. Mods, feel free to move it.

----

On Nov 24 2016, the A350-1000 had its maiden flight at TLS. Since I saw this CX order image on the Airbus A350 website, I thought you all might enjoy the first flight. Some fantastic scenery and aircraft angles.

Scroll down to the middle of the press release and click under "Related Videos"

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...-first-flight/

UPDATE: Video now available on YouTube

Attached Images  

Last edited by 24left; Nov 27, 2016 at 7:27 am
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Awesome, thanks for sharing that! Thats an amazing looking plane and great views of the delivery building, which I dream of visiting one day!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I had my first flight on an A350 last week on the new plane smelling LRI. This was in economy. My thoughts:

- The economy seat was wide in the seat pan but narrow in the back. There's a huge gap between seats. Not quite sure why it's like this but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same seat back for the newly configured 777.

- The seat was comfortable enough but when fully upright was a bit too upright. It needed to be slightly reclined to feel comfortable. I find the existing economy seat to be okay in the upright position.

- The seat has no protection from the seat pocket behind. Every time someone rustles in the seat pocket you can feel it in your back. Also the little iPad shelf has "notches" that ratchet as you open and close it and you can feel that as it gets opened and closed. Could become annoying on a night long flight.

- Most disturbingly this panel fell off during take off. Bad for a brand new frame.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:42 am

Cathay, in their analyst briefing yesterday, reduced their forecast of 2016 A350 additions to 11, one (presumably LRL) slipping to 2017. Its going to be a busy 5 weeks. Then it looks like one a month for most of 2017.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
some english lessons are needed
Attached Images  
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Maybe! But let's make loads of voice calls while they are not prohibited!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:54 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Maybe intentional. The Chinese instructions are correct.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: AS 100K
I flew on CX's 7th A350 (LRI) in business on the AKL-HKG route on Dec 2nd and I really enjoyed it. Cabin was very quiet. I was seated I in 14A and I liked it because it was far enough from the front lav/galley and aft galley. I was initially planning on seating in the J mini cabin and I'm glad I didn't. The curtains between the mini J cabin and the galley were never closed and the galley lights were never turned off. I would have found that annoying.

The seat itself was comfortable and it felt spacious. I liked the touch screen monitor and LOvED the HD tail camera. One thing about the seat that I found surprising and it's been brought up before was the quality of production. The part of the seat shell that extends to create privacy had a few pieces of clear tape on it since the plastic on it delaminated. I found this surprising since the plane was literally a couple weeks old. The table felt a little flimsy and I could see some details on the seat were you can clearly see the glue they used to put it together. Idk how CX approved the delivery of these seats like that. Sloppy craftsmanship.

Lastly, I tried out the WIFI for my iPhone and it worked well. It was only $20USD for the 11-HR flight which I thought was a very good price.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG GO
I remember it was reported that top-tier members of MPC will get vouchers for in-flight wifi, is this actually in place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.