Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Also of interest. On the BA forum right now there is a thread about getting to LHR T3 (where CX lounge is) from LHR T5 and it seems possible to do that without having a flight/boarding pass from T3. Wondering if it is that simple and one is eligible for entry why not take flight connections over and use the CX lounge on a longer layover.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Development
Also of interest. On the BA forum right now there is a thread about getting to LHR T3 (where CX lounge is) from LHR T5 and it seems possible to do that without having a flight/boarding pass from T3. Wondering if it is that simple and one is eligible for entry why not take flight connections over and use the CX lounge on a longer layover.
It is possible, but not recommended. Lounges at LHR used to be obliged by the airport owner to refuse access to people from other terminals, so you could make it all the way over and find you cannot get in. CX might be more lax.

Getting out of T3 departures is not sign posted, so you need to remember your steps on the way in.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Jermyn
An interesting question. My first ever TR, many years ago, was for an upper class flight on VS and I absolutely loved it.

The clubhouse is very fun, in the summer the terrace is amazing for spotting planes. The Eames furniture is also great plus you get free haircuts and spa treatments.

Given that I'm now a little more strategic in my flying patterns, it has been really long since I last flew VS and I had forgotten how good the clubhouse is.

Overall, I prefer it to the new CX J lounge. I think there are honestly very few F lounges that compare. I'd certainly rather spend time in the clubhouse than the CCR, BKK TG F, NRT NH F...

Still, the new CX J lounge has a more elegant and comfortable feel. It is relaxing where the clubhouse is stimulating. I'd certainly be happy to spend 3+ hours in either

There are no OW or PP lounges that come close in LHR. Any OWS now flying BA TATL ex-T5 rather than taking an AA 777 and the CX lounge ex-T3 is a masochist
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm doing
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
New lounge looks lovely!!

So a quick question, I am next going through T3 with my sister just before Christmas but we are both bronze. We are travelling to GIB on BA in CE. Can we still visit based on flying club??
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
New lounge looks lovely!!

So a quick question, I am next going through T3 with my sister just before Christmas but we are both bronze. We are travelling to GIB on BA in CE. Can we still visit based on flying club??
In line with standard oneworld rules in this area, yes you can. You will get the Business lounge rather than the First lounge, and it is subject to capacity. However there are very few Cathay passengers between 11 hrs and 16 hrs, so if you are in that area you should be fine.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:34 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Am so excited to try out the brand new lounge next month!

Can anyone confirm if there is a sparkling wine/champagne option in the Business section? I believe the photos of champagne that other users have (very helpfully) posted have been from the First section.

The old J lounge had a sparkling option and would love it if that perk carried over.

Thanks in advance for any information!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
We are traveling out of T-3 to Phx on Dec 28 in F on BA. Is it fair to say that after the CX 11:25 flight (252) that the CX lounge would not be as full? I definitely want to see what they did to it and of course get to the Noodle Bar.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by pH
Am so excited to try out the brand new lounge next month!

Can anyone confirm if there is a sparkling wine/champagne option in the Business section? I believe the photos of champagne that other users have (very helpfully) posted have been from the First section.

The old J lounge had a sparkling option and would love it if that perk carried over.

Thanks in advance for any information!
Yes, there is champagne behind the bar in the J section. I couldn't make out the brand when I visited though, sorry!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
We are traveling out of T-3 to Phx on Dec 28 in F on BA. Is it fair to say that after the CX 11:25 flight (252) that the CX lounge would not be as full? I definitely want to see what they did to it and of course get to the Noodle Bar.
As you are in F, you should aim beyond the noodle bar and head to the dining room
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:46 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, there is champagne behind the bar in the J section. I couldn't make out the brand when I visited though, sorry!
Thanks so much! Looking forward to sampling it
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
In here now. Very smart!

No sign of an official opening ceremony though. I mean, well, it is very early!

Last edited by opalfruit; Dec 6, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
In the F section there is Mot, Baron de Rothschilds and a Prosecco. I believe its just the Mot in the J side.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Assuming I'm travelling as a BAEC Gold on a BA flight out of T3 would CX bill BA for my use of their lounge? If so, surely this is going to get pretty expensive for BA given the massive gulf between GF and CX F lounges?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
As promised, my review of the new First Class lounge is up in record time

http://www.jarvismarcos.com/2016/12/...december-2016/

I have added this to the wiki too.
I will work to get the Business Class review up in the next day.

I'll be back in the lounges this weekend so if you guys have any more questions that I haven't covered, please let me know!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As promised, my review of the new First Class lounge is up in record time

http://www.jarvismarcos.com/2016/12/...december-2016/

I have added this to the wiki too.
I will work to get the Business Class review up in the next day.

I'll be back in the lounges this weekend so if you guys have any more questions that I haven't covered, please let me know!
I did wonder who the person was wondering around on Friday with the gopro on a stick. Now I know

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.