Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our Life Well Travelled philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
As a oneworld business class passenger you can use any oneworld business class lounge. The CX First and Business Class lounge is closed until mid-2016 for refurbishment, so until then you have a choice of the BA Galleries Club or AA Admirals Club.

The new CX lounge will be modelled on their latest concept lounges at BKK and HND, and HKG The Pier.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by mslouisebrain
Hi all. I'm flying American Airlines (AA0107) in business class from LHR terminal 3. I'm only using AA because there is no reward flight availability with British Airways and I have never been to terminal 3 before.

I've heard terrible things about the AA Admirals lounge at T3 but I've been told that passengers may use the Cathay Pacific lounge instead (is that correct?). The current refurbishments to the Cathay lounge will be completed by the time I fly. Are there any renderings knocking about for the new Cathay lounge? I'd love to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance.
Why not arrive early and try all three?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So Qantas is opening a new lounge too in T3. T3 will have a great choice of lounges by next year!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-op...s-class-lounge
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
So Qantas is opening a new lounge too in T3. T3 will have a great choice of lounges by next year!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-op...s-class-lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ng-2017-a.html

But they will close HNL and NRT?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by percysmith
No - this was debunked later in the thread.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:23 pm

As I'm going to London this May, is the First Class Lounge still open? I cannot find any information on CX website
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:32 pm

Bmtsang there isn't an CX F lounge in T3. Even if you use BA lounge you can't access Elimis Spa or F dining section.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by bmtsang
As I'm going to London this May, is the First Class Lounge still open? I cannot find any information on CX website
No,but you can access the BA First Class and AA First class,as well as No1 lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:48 pm

Forgot about AA Flounge sorry https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ungeaccess/lhr
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:29 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by percysmith
Bmtsang there isn't an CX F lounge in T3. Even if you use BA lounge you can't access Elimis Spa or F dining section.
There is only no CX First Class lounge in T3 because it's closed for reonvation. There used to be one, and there will be once the renovation is complete in June (TBC if still on schedule).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:13 pm

Thanks sxc and percysmith
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:51 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Nobody seems to have posted about an actual experience in the No. 1 Traveller lounge.

I was in CX Y with BA status. At check-in I received an invite to this lounge printed on boarding pass stock. On entry the staff replaced my invite with a CX "coupon" for food and drink, which appears to be completely useless since you can order one free dish without showing anything.

The lounge was very crowded and there were very few staff free. I eventually managed to order my free dish but it had not arrived after 45 minutes, so I tried to cancel it (but failed) and went to board my flight.

There is a basic buffet with salads, breads, soup and cakes.

Depending on where you are in the lounge, the wifi signal from the BA lounge may be stronger, and it was also faster. If you know the BA password you might as well use that.

There were 2 staff in CX uniform who seemed to be serving specific passengers from the buffet, despite them being perfectly capable of getting up themselves. Perhaps these were F pax.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Nobody seems to have posted about an actual experience in the No. 1 Traveller lounge.

I was in CX Y with BA status. At check-in I received an invite to this lounge printed on boarding pass stock. On entry the staff replaced my invite with a CX "coupon" for food and drink, which appears to be completely useless since you can order one free dish without showing anything.

The lounge was very crowded and there were very few staff free. I eventually managed to order my free dish but it had not arrived after 45 minutes, so I tried to cancel it (but failed) and went to board my flight.

Depending on where you are in the lounge, the wifi signal from the BA lounge may be stronger, and it was also faster. If you know the BA password you might as well use that.

There were 2 staff in CX uniform who seemed to be serving specific passengers from the buffet, despite them being perfectly capable of getting up themselves. Perhaps these were F pax.
I was in there a month ago. 2 CX staff greeting passengers, but that was it. No vouchers being given out, but as you say the food is free anyway and i had no such issues with speed of service.

The lounge itself was absolutely rammed and not helped by many areas being roped off as 'reserved for a group'. After a while passengers were cottoning on that they were not really reserved at all and using them anyway.

It would be fine if it wasn't so busy, but next time out of LHR I'll go elsewhere.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum

CX seems to be handling the situation very well,while their lounge is being upgraded. Compare that to BA at Gatwick.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold

Just to add my 2 cents, the free dish which one can order from the bar wasn't anything to write home about. The only good thing I found was the good water pressure in the showers.

Originally Posted by phol
I was in there a month ago. 2 CX staff greeting passengers, but that was it. No vouchers being given out, but as you say the food is free anyway and i had no such issues with speed of service.

The lounge itself was absolutely rammed and not helped by many areas being roped off as 'reserved for a group'. After a while passengers were cottoning on that they were not really reserved at all and using them anyway.

It would be fine if it wasn't so busy, but next time out of LHR I'll go elsewhere.
Not sure why many areas of the lounge were roped off, and when I enquired about where my wife can breast-feed our new-born baby, the 1st member of staff wasn't able to find anywhere suitable (or with adequate privacy), and then the 2nd member of staff found a section of the lounge (furthest away from the entrance - with no chairs/sofas) which was roped off and said she can breast-feed there but can't stay there (persumably after she has finished).

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
CX seems to be handling the situation very well,while their lounge is being upgraded. Compare that to BA at Gatwick.
I would give my overall experience at the No.1 Traveller Lounge a '5'. It provides the essential items, but I don't think the existing space and staff are capable of handling the volume of passengers when the CX lounge is being renovated.

Last edited by Iamhappy; Feb 25, 2016 at 11:38 pm Reason: Wording

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.