Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
When I asked the GM of Europe three weeks ago, it was indicated to me that the lounge renovation was due to occur in November.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
just prior to the holiday peak travels?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Originally Posted by Daffie
just prior to the holiday peak travels?
maybe, but out of the business peak which is good news.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Will be flying out on CX250 in January, would be great if I can get some advice which one of the alternatives would be recommended? (Or shall I just go for the one closest to the gate?)
Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
There's a BA lounge and an AA lounge which is near the CX one - the BA and AA ones are next to each other. I've been to both (I am a lounge hopper ) and if you want some food, I would go to the BA one as AA only has some snacks and nibbles, whereas BA at least have some (very limited) food.

If you are OneWorld Emerald, the BA first is not too bad - at least they have an a la carte menu you can order off. The food is still not amazing but it's not too bad (at least for me) and there is a larger selection of hot buffet items compared to the J lounge. Both lounges have kettle chips (cheese flavoured or salted), but not the veggie crisps that I like from the CX F lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Doraemat
There's a BA lounge and an AA lounge which is near the CX one - the BA and AA ones are next to each other. I've been to both (I am a lounge hopper ) and if you want some food, I would go to the BA one as AA only has some snacks and nibbles, whereas BA at least have some (very limited) food.

If you are OneWorld Emerald, the BA first is not too bad - at least they have an a la carte menu you can order off. The food is still not amazing but it's not too bad (at least for me) and there is a larger selection of hot buffet items compared to the J lounge. Both lounges have kettle chips (cheese flavoured or salted), but not the veggie crisps that I like from the CX F lounge.
Thanks Doraemat for the info. Based on your kind advice, we will go to the BA one (and I will tell my other half in advance that it will not be the same as the CCR or the F lounge in T5). Unforunately I am not a OW Emerald so won't have access to BA first, but the good thing is we both like kettle chips (and are not that fussy as long as there is a reasonable selection of food) so it should be alright !

Cheers!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by maortega15
Isn't Terminal 3 supposed to be demolished by 2019? If so, that would be a waste. Then again. 3-4 years is a long time anyway.
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
When this has been discussed on the BA board, the consensus has been that they're now waaaay behind on the airport renovation project that will eventually see T3 redone. So wouldn't surprise me if other T3 carriers have rethought the economics of this kind of investment.
T3 is not due to be closed until at least 2030 - so 15 years from now. T3 closure will take place once T2A Phase 2 completes (the expansion of T2 over the site of the now closed T1). T3 is currently undergoing extensive refurbishment. There will be a new facade on the front of the building, refurbishment of some check-in areas, refurbishment of the arrivals hall, reconfiguration of the departures lounge, and a new Flight Connections Centre. Significant investment in the baggage system is currently concluding.

There's the small matter of a third runway, T6, T6 satellite and the CTA redevelopment to take place in the interim (all subject to government approval, expected before Christmas this year).
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Iamhappy
(and I will tell my other half in advance that it will not be the same as the CCR or the F lounge in T5).
True as regards the CCR. As regards the T5 F lounge, however, the BA T3 F lounge is comparable albeit on a smaller scale. Many of us BA regulars actually prefer the F lounge in T3 to the one in T5 as the T3 one is usually quieter.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
The lounge will close on 25Nov.

They'll be an official MPO notification going out soon.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG GO
Originally Posted by Cassie55

Was told by lounge agent it won't reopen till June as well.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:07 pm

How long has it been since they moved to their current location? The old one was near AI and the transit area. I feel like it hasn't been that long.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat

and my first opportunity to visit is.... of course 25 November in the morning :-)
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chuck1
How long has it been since they moved to their current location? The old one was near AI and the transit area. I feel like it hasn't been that long.
The CX lounges in T3 used to be in Lounge A, upstairs to the right after entering the departures lounge from the old Flight Connections Centre.

CX moved to Lounge C to the left towards Gates 1-11 in late 2009/early 2010. When the lounge closes for refurbishment, it will expand into what was the SQ Business Class lounge next door on the same level (first floor) - not the former SQ First Class lounge on the ground floor.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold

Has there been anything official on this yet? I fly out to HKG on 26th November
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Darn, I was looking forward to visiting right after Xmas. Always a fave of mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.