Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevie
Flying out to HKG Nov. 21 hope it is open by then,. Would be such a treat to experience a top class lounge in LHR.
My next flight from LHR T3 is 24th December. Surely the CX lounge will be complete by then
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:36 pm

i want it open for Saturday 5th November, just over two weeks, whats the chance?
If its not open by then which lounge will they ship me too.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mklions
i want it open for Saturday 5th November, just over two weeks, whats the chance?
If its not open by then which lounge will they ship me too.
The lounge invitation is for the AA lounge. But you can also go to the BA lounge if you want. And as the lesser of two evils, you would probably want to go to the BA lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:08 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The lounge invitation is for the AA lounge. But you can also go to the BA lounge if you want. And as the lesser of two evils, you would probably want to go to the BA lounge.
There were some reports of BA lounge turning away CX passengers. I wonder if this is still happening.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
As soon as I find out the opening date of the LHR lounge,I am booking LHR-GIB return for that day.

GIB because this is the only destination I can go to without schengen visa or flying long haul,unless someone has other suggestions?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There are lots of places short-haul but not Schengen, but for your passport... DUB maybe?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by christep
There are lots of places short-haul but not Schengen, but for your passport... DUB maybe?
DUB needs a separate visa (separate from both Schengen and UK),but more importantly I need a flight that departs T3 to access the CX lounge.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It must suck to need visas everywhere, even in transit (really?)! From T3 then GIB or Amman seem to be your options!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by christep
It must suck to need visas everywhere, even in transit (really?)! From T3 then GIB or Amman seem to be your options!
I can do a transit to a 3rd country eg:LHR-LUX-XX-LHR,but it then adds an extra sector,which would is likely to signifficantly raise the cost of the whole trip. Nothing stopping me from doing say LHR-VIE-LHR,but BA would very likely deny boarding because round trip is not considered as "transit".
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:44 am

Back to the original thread, any news on the opening of the new lounge at LHR?
Surely it can't run over into November, after all it was supposed to be open in The summer!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mklions
Back to the original thread, any news on the opening of the new lounge at LHR?
Surely it can't run over into November, after all it was supposed to be open in The summer!
Beleive me,CX is intrested in opening their lounge more than anyone else,afterall they are the not too happy to keep annoying their pax by sending them to an inferior contract lounge,nor are they happy to keep paying for it.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Beleive me,CX is intrested in opening their lounge more than anyone else,afterall they are the not too happy to keep annoying their pax by sending them to an inferior contract lounge,nor are they happy to keep paying for it.
When might their interest actually turn in to an open lounge?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
When might their interest actually turn in to an open lounge?
Well I have the same question.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Considering November travel via LHR to HKG, all fingers crossed for that "home away from home" to reopen by then.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:11 pm

Any updates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.