Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

The worst gone worse - MPC hotline capacity and waiting time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:55 am

on hold for an hour. .... no issues in the afternoon or evening last night.
they only open during Asia time?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by kaiotes
on hold for an hour. .... no issues in the afternoon or evening last night.
they only open during Asia time?
took me an hour before i got someone. in the past i've been able to get someone within 2-3 mins at any time of the day
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:01 pm

Calls from outport are now routed to Hong Kong Call Center also.

And rumors is that staff in Hong Kong call center are currently very unhappy about some of the changes management instituted.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Ragnarok

And rumors is that staff in Hong Kong call center are currently very unhappy about some of the changes management instituted.
It wouldn't surprise me, considering how much complaining cabin crew and ground staff are doing on CX secrets...
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Ragnarok

My friend who works for CX is saying CX management has really changed. In the past it used to be honest, open, dialog between management and employees that they come together to find the best solutions. Now it's more dictatorship where managers simply dictates procedures and processes, even when the managers may have lack of experiences or such changes don't make sense. Also, the culture is now more of "kissing-up" and managers competing against one another on "cost cutting" or increase "efficiency" (code word for cost cutting). Not surprisingly, I guess Call Center is affected
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:35 am
Suspended

I called a few weeks ago in the night time HKG time and as always got through to the DM line right away. CX are actually recruiting is recruiting more staff right now as my sister in law is actually doing the interviews. They had over 3000 applications according to her.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Routed to a Philippine contact centre this morning....spent over 15 minutes trying to explain the situation...agent doesn't to understand what mileage runs are...cant seem to understand that I went to TPE and flew back on the same day.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kesler.go
Routed to a Philippine contact centre this morning....spent over 15 minutes trying to explain the situation...agent doesn't to understand what mileage runs are...cant seem to understand that I went to TPE and flew back on the same day.
To be fair I have met Yanks who also don't know, though I do agree that the Philippine call centre is almost useless.
(I can speak Cantonese and use that option now.)

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
My friend who works for CX is saying CX management has really changed. In the past it used to be honest, open, dialog between management and employees that they come together to find the best solutions. Now it's more dictatorship where managers simply dictates procedures and processes, even when the managers may have lack of experiences or such changes don't make sense. Also, the culture is now more of "kissing-up" and managers competing against one another on "cost cutting" or increase "efficiency" (code word for cost cutting). Not surprisingly, I guess Call Center is affected
Seems to also be in line with what cabin crew comment/post on CX secrets.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
To be fair I have met Yanks who also don't know, though I do agree that the Philippine call centre is almost useless.
(I can speak Cantonese and use that option now.)

Seems to also be in line with what cabin crew comment/post on CX secrets.
perhaps this may be a big reason why linda sim has left cx?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Silver, EK Gold, MPC - Green
Originally Posted by iwin1015
MPC hotline is notorious for its long waiting time. As a GO it does not affect me that much previously as they prioritize the call from higher tier members.

Now thing is getting worse, recently I found myself even unable to get connected to the number - not to mention talking to an agent. So no matter you are DM, GO and it doesn't matter anymore. You just can't get through.

Anyone has the same experience? Wanna do a mass group complain together? Like create a complain group and collect 100000 likes on Facebook ?
I just joined and in my rush accidentally missed out my middle name so it doesn't match my bookings.

Can't get through on any of the numbers today. Tried UK, HK and US.

Not very good first impressions for a new MPC member.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Heck, even a non-elite on AA like myself has the option of a call-back instead of being on "hold" for the next available agent
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
If you fly often, use their airport counter. There's never a line and the agents know what they're doing. Did a missing mileage claim there earlier this week and it took me 2 mins.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:47 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I dunno if I've just been a victim of this change in management.

I added domestic LAN Argentina sectors to the CX-QR booking I previously worked on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post23788425
I worked with a quite efficient Tsuen Wan agent, got the LA flights locked in, had the itin read back to me (my wife and I were doing four-eyed checks on the amendments in real time on MMB), had the miles quoted (190,000 no change), gave my credit card for the US$120 fees and new YQ, hung up and had the MMBs (with 00:00 deadlines) printed out and checked again (OK). Received the itins by email (OK again) and went to bed.

E-tickets were issued a day later. I somehow received a 30,000 mile refund, no idea why. On investigation I found my QR DOH-GRU segment dropped.

I called two Tsuen Wan agents asking for an explanation. In my previous experience they have either fixed it after prompting (for CX) or in one case without prompting (for JJ). I was hoping someone will quickly confirm the error and confirm a correction is necessary.

The agents stonewalled:

1. The booking agent made a notation saying I asked for it during the change call

2. QR took the availability back when the tickets were replaced

3. In any case nothing can be done cos there're no more seats now

4. I created an illegal booking, so the agent had to create an open jaw

Gobstopped. I rebutted each item as the agents made them

R1. I made no requests of the sort. I did not even use the term "cancel" throughout the call at all (I wasn't cancelling anything). The agent quoted me back 190,000 miles no change - she should've quoted 160,000 if she understood me to be dropping the QR DOH-GRU. And I shouldn't see QR DOH-GRU after the call if my intended action was to cancel that segment.

R2. Not my problem is it? CX ticketing shouldn't have let QR do that.

R3. i. Talk to QR and get the seats re-released ii. Buy it out of their revenue (still I9 right now) iii. See you in small claims for the cash DOH-GRU price.

R4. Explain to me how illegal.
I counted o=4, x=3 and //=1
Your booking agent corrected me to say o=3, x=4 and //=1
Is substitution for o to x allowed? Yes?

Eventually both agents suggested getting the booking agent to call me back.

I sent them a detailed email with the 00:00 MMB printout scanned and the emailed post-booking itin attached.

Total time of calls: 1 hr 30 mins (<10 mins holding time).

I feel like I'm walking out of the playroom...this redemption in total has more S&M than Fifty Shades of Grey.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 13, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
GCC to go on work to rule

國泰伺服器頻跪低 接線生谷爆擬按章工作

http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/2015...00822_001.html
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
A recent experience to share. Had a missing milage claim for a flight back in May.

- Week 1: Flied online and was "rejected".
- Week 2: Emailed CX and didn't receive a response (still waiting).
- Week 3: Called MPC but was not prepare to hold for an hr for this.
- Week 4: Stopped by the MPC counter at HKG during a trip and it was fixed in a week.

So it took me five weeks to fix one relatively minor issue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.