Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
The new Pier First Class lounge is open as of 20 June 2015. You can see some details here:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-video-cathay-pacific-opens-new-the-pier-first-class-lounge

http://focusedflyer.com/2015/07/06/review-of-cathay-pacific-the-pier-first-class-lounge/

First class lounge menus - if you have any new menus, please post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1813204-cx-f-class-lounge-menus.html

The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport is open as of 18 June 2016. Discussion about the new Pier J lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1765339-pier-j-lounge-re-opening-late-may-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

The New Pier F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
This is what I don't understand - even when The Bridge isn't that busy, The Pier has been rammed, even in the mornings. Do people not know about The Bridge?
I know, and I can't understand it - The Bridge is right there when you get off the people-mover/automated train-thingie, how can they miss it and how can they not know about it?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
I normally found the Bridge to be busy in the early afternoon 2/3pm when I visited. Found the Pier to be much quieter. I suppose it also depends to an extent on which flights are leaving from which gates. Looking forward however to the new Pier F reopening.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
When I was in Pier (J), it was never crowded... I haven't been there often. So I might just be lucky.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
This is what I don't understand - even when The Bridge isn't that busy, The Pier has been rammed, even in the mornings. Do people not know about The Bridge?
Maybe they are departing out of the high 60s gates?
Just like how you wouldn't visit G16 if you're departing out of gate 40.
Old May 30, 2015, 8:37 am

Was there any update from CX recently regarding when the Pier F lounge will re-open this year?
It seems it's getting pushed back a bit, and I'm wondering if we'll see the new Pier anytime soon.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:12 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by agjil
Was there any update from CX recently regarding when the Pier F lounge will re-open this year?
It seems it's getting pushed back a bit, and I'm wondering if we'll see the new Pier anytime soon.
Was at The Wing the other day. I asked the staff when the F section of The Pier will be open. Was told the end of June.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by gemini573
Was at The Wing the other day. I asked the staff when the F section of The Pier will be open. Was told the end of June.
Thanks!
Hopefully it won't get further delayed.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gemini573
It'll be before then.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by djsflynn
It'll be before then.
mate you hands down have the best information of any journalist for CX, do let us know when you have an idea!
Old May 31, 2015, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks QRC – I do have a date for the media preview (which I'll be attending) and subsequent public opening, but it's under embargo – I just wanted to ensure FTers that they won't have to wait all the way to the end of June.

Last edited by djsflynn; May 31, 2015 at 4:24 am
Old May 31, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
I should hope not. It has taken HOW long already??? If it isn't super-special, heads should roll. Whole airports have been built in less time ...
Old May 31, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Originally Posted by IanFromHKG
I should hope not. It has taken HOW long already??? If it isn't super-special, heads should roll. Whole airports have been built in less time ...
I asked about the lengthy closure at a recent MPO lunch with COO. Apparently, the airport authority has moved some transfer gates around near G65 and CX didn't get access to the new lounge site until September last year. Still a long time, though.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by insideman
I asked about the lengthy closure at a recent MPO lunch with COO. Apparently, the airport authority has moved some transfer gates around near G65 and CX didn't get access to the new lounge site until September last year. Still a long time, though.
ah, with FT everything makes sense!

No wonder there is the new-ishly remodeled transfer gate by 65. I did a double take recently, thinking "have I never noticed that before?"
Old May 31, 2015, 8:20 pm

I'm surprised anyone goes in The Pier anymore. I haven't set foot in there since The Bridge opened. A re-design is welcome, especially for the BA A380 flights from Gate 6x.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by QRC3288
ah, with FT everything makes sense!

No wonder there is the new-ishly remodeled transfer gate by 65. I did a double take recently, thinking "have I never noticed that before?"
Same here...I went through it about a week ago and couldn't work out why I had no recollection of having seen it previously ! At least that's one thing cleared up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.