Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
We're quite OT here..

Just so that we're talking of the same lounge- I'm referring to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1839407-new-bkk-lounge-mh-few-others.html

Certainly no Pier- but I'm hard pressed to think of significantly better PP lounges.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jagmeets
We're quite OT here..

Just so that we're talking of the same lounge- I'm referring to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malay...ew-others.html

Certainly no Pier- but I'm hard pressed to think of significantly better PP lounges.
Yes, same lounge and I've never seen anything like that in the lounge. Neither before nor since that review.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by fakecd
i am here at 10am waiting dor cx750 and lounge is chocker full in sofa area. i am forced to sit in middle bay snack bars. being saturday might have worsened problem. month ago i was here fo cx712 around 2pm lounge was 60% full.

compared to when it first opened definitely words got out so whoever with OW status or premium cabin are flocking here (not that there are many OW flights....)

on flipside this is definite cashcow for CX. and reinforces my view G16 being discusses elsewhere will definitely not be F/DM only plane... why wud ya? every heads are potentially worth 50 usd and that matters a lot more in emerging mkt airports
I was at the lounge the same time as you were on Saturday! I was on 12:12 departure CX 618.

When I walked into the lounge, the place was packed and yes initially I thought there were no place for me to sit down. I found a small cubical type seat (wall on each side of the seat with small table) right in front of the bar. Soon later I found empty reclining type seat with foot rest on window facing the tarmac.

It is nice that CX has a noodle bar at an out post lounge such as BKK. New lounge at HND also has a noodle bar, wondering if CX will try to make a noodle bar a standard feature for any new lounges they will open?

The bar had original cocktail Bangkok Twilight and the noodle bar had Pad Thai, where I enjoyed last minutes flavor of Thailand before the flight out.

The lounge emptied out when CX 750 (the flight you were on) was called. My flight CX 618 was about only half full. Wonder if CX 750 is more popular that CX 618 (although only an hour apart) or it was just happened that way on Sept. 9 and not any means of any trend.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle

It is nice that CX has a noodle bar at an out post lounge such as BKK. New lounge at HND also has a noodle bar, wondering if CX will try to make a noodle bar a standard feature for any new lounges they will open?
I'm pretty sure both the TPE and MNL lounges have a noodle bar as well.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I wasn't impressed with the Oman lounge at all. Area, food, personal. Just find the new First class Miracle lounge by d4 or 6 to be a much more pleasant experience than CX, Oman. Haven't tried the new JL lounge yet though.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
The bar had original cocktail Bangkok Twilight and the noodle bar had Pad Thai, where I enjoyed last minutes flavor of Thailand before the flight out.
I felt the same way when I saw all-you-can-eat papaya salad in the cold cuts section. In hindsight not such a good idea before a 12 hour flight in view of the laxative effects of this delicious Thai dish.

Thanks for the heads up @jagmeets for the Miracle Lounge. Glad I saw your post before my CX mileage run to BKK this weekend!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
think cx750 is popular cuz its early enough to catch onward connection and not early enough like 815am departure which means u need wake up 5am... being mostly a 350 bird helps.

as per lounge before 10am they serve breakfast menu.. pad thai only after ten am
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Updates after two visits this weekend
- No more champagne. You have a choice of Ozzie Chandon Brut or Rose (Brut is better)
- Avoid between 9-11am. No seats due to BA/QF hordes. You can always try the JAL lounge before 10am and after 6pm.
- Pad Thai has gone off a bit. The dan-dan noodles is still inedible.
- They swapped the Aesop tolietries for a generic bottle on one visit. Available on others.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer
- Avoid between 9-11am. No seats due to BA/QF hordes.
That's true enough about BA, but the QF flight departs around 6pm and many of those pax use the EK lounge.
And some, not knowing any better, will just go to the Miracle lounge nominated by QF.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Updates after two visits this weekend
- No more champagne. You have a choice of Ozzie Chandon Brut or Rose (Brut is better)
I hope this is just a temporary catering shortage!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just visited the CX lounge few days ago and I felt this one to be the best J lounge in CX network in terms of food choices and quality. Especially the choices at the noodle bar.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just visited the CX lounge few days ago and I felt this one to be the best J lounge in CX network in terms of food choices and quality. Especially the choices at the noodle bar.
are you serious? compared to hkg? u obviously have not stepped foot on HND CX lounge?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fakecd
are you serious? compared to hkg? u obviously have not stepped foot on HND CX lounge?
Which CX J lounge at HKG has 11 made to order dishes? Not to mention the portion and taste of them are great.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:02 pm
kkl

11 made to order dishes? Only saw 4 or 5 at the noodle bar 2 days ago
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Heathrow > HND/YVR >>> BKK/TPE/MNL >>> CDG/SFO >>>>>>>>>>>>>> (the rest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.