Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I find the BKK lounge very small for the number of flights that operates out of Bangkok (including other OW carriers)...is the QF lounge still open?

TBH I think Manila is bigger than the one in BKK and it gets packed to the rafters, when one flight gets delayed with two more flights waiting to depart.
Someone above said the QF lounge at BKK closed.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
yes QF lounge is closed.
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-close...s-class-lounge
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:53 am

I was in the BKK lounge about a dozen times this year. Most of the time it's quite busy. And there were times when there wasn't a single seat available in the dining room... I also saw people standing and eating at the cold food area.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I am a frequent visitor of the BKK lounge and normally stay there for 1.5-2 hours,but I had my flight delayed by 3 hours once so had to spend 5 hours there.

There is a very very high passenger turnover. The lounge would be empty,fill up ,fill up almost to capacity and then get empty again,within less than an hour. Most people don't spend there more than half an hour.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Overflowing

Currently in the lounge as we speak at BKK. To put it mildly it is full. Anywhere else accessible as BA silver flying in J? JAL lounge doesn't open till evening I believe. Can we access the Louis Tavern?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:55 pm

Waribai
Which airline are you flying? ...because this is what matters (it is irrelevant whose elite card you have)? If it's BA, then no other options I am afraid. It is up to BA's local management to organise a Plan B for these sorts of events.

That said,as I described a few posts above, there is a very high pax turnover in CX@BKK, so the situation might change completely if you come back in 20 minutes.

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Jan 4, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I must have just missed the rush. I got in a bit ago and it is pretty peaceful. I think a BKK-HKG CX flight just started boarding as I arrived so maybe that was the the reason for the crowd mentioned. Also, the JAL lounge is currently closed due to renovation I believe.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks. I was on the BA BKK-LHR which was delayed due to the First Officer falling off a kerb in Sukhumvit the night before
All was well in the end. The lounge did empty out a bit when the BKK-HKG 11:40 flight left. We finally departed at 12:00.

I thought with one world silver and the oneworld website seems to indicate this also that we could also use the Louis Tavern on Concourse G. No?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by waribai
I thought with one world silver and the oneworld website seems to indicate this also that we could also use the Louis Tavern on Concourse G. No?
That's a third party lounge, so you only get access when travelling on the contracted airline where the logo of the airline is shown on the oneworld website. This is noted in the lounge access page for oneworld:

"Eligible customers have access to lounges operated by a third party, contracted by the airline on which they are traveling. You can search all oneworld lounges using the 'Find an Airport Lounge' tool above."

The phrase is a bit ambiguous because it doesn't say "You cannot access third party lounges unless travelling on the airline that contracts that lounge" but this is what the above comes to mean in practice.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by waribai
Thanks. I was on the BA BKK-LHR which was delayed due to the First Officer falling off a kerb in Sukhumvit the night before
All was well in the end. The lounge did empty out a bit when the BKK-HKG 11:40 flight left. We finally departed at 12:00.

No, that would not be an option. Check out my thread on differences between third party and alliance lounges as described by cxs.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-networks.html
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:20 pm

Is there luggage storage at this lounge?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:40 am

JAL will reopen their lounge in BKK on the 1st of March. Looks like it's going to be a strong competitor to the CX lounge.

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201702/004159.html

Highlights:

(1) Shower suites

Current one shower suites has been renewed and increased to three ones.

(2) New smoking area

(3) Improved functions for greater comfort

New carry-on baggage area with digital numeric locks
Extensive and upgraded food and beverage counter
Each seat with adjacent power and USB port outlets for convenient recharging and powering of devices
(4) New Menus provided by Japanese restaurant NIPPON-TEI

New menus include popular dish of beef curry and Japanese appetizers, following the opening of revamped Bangkok Sakura Lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:46 pm

Why no Aesop toiletries here?

The liquid hand cleanser in the BKK lounge toilet smells vile and metallic. Must be some cheap nondescript brand in an equally label-less dispenser.

Why can't washroom amenities be made consistent (Aesop) across the CX lounge network?

Else, this is Thailand... land of lemongrass, tangerines and other fragrant fruit... there should be plenty of good local brands to choose from!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The liquid hand cleanser in the BKK lounge toilet smells vile and metallic. Must be some cheap nondescript brand in an equally label-less dispenser.

Why can't washroom amenities be made consistent (Aesop) across the CX lounge network?

Else, this is Thailand... land of lemongrass, tangerines and other fragrant fruit... there should be plenty of good local brands to choose from!
Not all lounges use Aesop, even in HKG. I know MNL no longer uses Aesop, and TPE as well.

I've never had a problem with the one used in MNL though, but the best way to deal with this is complain directly with the lounge staff or the airline via their online form.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

You should perhaps come back to your strategy of getting your preferred brand of amenities from your hotel,they are small enough to take thru security

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.