Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by B-HXG
Source: https://www.facebook.com/faucpa/posts/955319274515008
SQ - 1:6
QR - 1:5
CX - depending on the aircraft type, on average of 1:10 to 1:11

I remember last time I was on a QR A332 with 24 business class seats, there were 4 cabin crew serving.
5-6 per passenger is very good....even on the 33P with 24J they only have 3 crew, 4 if the ISM helps.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
CX J catering is mediocre, but has anyone noticed a decline in F? I have a long-haul F to EU coming up and am hoping it will be good.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Isochronous
CX J catering is mediocre, but has anyone noticed a decline in F? I have a long-haul F to EU coming up and am hoping it will be good.
Mate, let's aim to keep this thread about J class! There are a few other threads about F class, although hands down J is the disaster...which F is not. The F choices have been limited over the years and wines - particularly secondary options after the bling red and Champagne - have declined. I recommend browsing the F menu threads, you can advanced search for "menu 2016", 2015, 2014 etc to see the decline in options. Poster carfield and others have dutifully kept them for posterity.

Still F&B isn't a joke in F like it often is in J. Let's keep this one about biz class! It's a great thread.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So, while many have noticed the decline in food quality/quantity on CX J, should you be partnering/using rewards etc to fly BA, here are a few of their new "reductions"

"British Airways Cuts Costs by Pulling Some Club World Amenities

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/07/brit...to-club-world/

----
Mods - I searched for a CX-BA thread. Feel free to move this post.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by phol
They'll do it because SQ do it, and if SQ can do it there is absolutely no reason CX cant.
When does SQ ever do it except for the occasional exception and J load is light? They may have BTC but the meals are served at the regular times. Is this a new feature now?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
KA catering thoughts

I haven't flown KA much this year-to-date (only 6 flights, significantly less than previous years). I took a menu for the first time a few days ago PEK-HKG in J. I'll add, I've also done perhaps 5-6 segments on CX metal to PVG and PEK this year.

Anyway, my catering observations on KA for PEK-HKG a few days ago:

*Kim Chong / Aaron Claxton death knell introduction is on the front of the menu now. This can't spell good things.

*Cheese is gone...was cheese ever available on these flights? I really found myself missing it after enjoying one of the white wines (!!).

*There was the rotating menu of "specials", which basically means you get 3 main course selection on KA, instead of 2 if flying CX on the identical route. Since I've been flying PEK and PVG on KA, which is to say for nearly a decade, there has usually been some type of "special" menu element to the KA catering vs CX. Glad this is still there.

*To the point above, negatively, the "special" was very clearly just another CX-style casserole dish. I enjoyed the flavor but the presentation is abysmal and kinda looks like typical CX slop.

*KA starter was prosciutto, significantly better than the typical starter on CX. And I'll add it paired lovely with the champagne.

*Overall would still choose KA on the route over CX. But I can see some "alignment" happening between the catering which doesn't bode well IMO.

*Finally, can I reaffirm for the 100th time how much I dislike the new regional J seats. They are so terribly uncomfortable. Comfort-wise, I prefer CX's PEY seat.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:00 am

I had the dimsum option last Friday July 29, and I was surprised that the quality has gone done further from the last time I had a similar option...

The one above was from a few months back and the lower photo is from last Friday.

The siu mai in particular went from okay to bad....the texture now is more like those meatballs you get in hotpots.
Attached Images  

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Aug 2, 2016 at 4:47 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I had the dimsum option last Friday July 29, and I was surprised that the quality has gone done further from the last time I had a similar option...

The one above was from a few months back and the lower photo is from last Friday.

The siu mai in particular went from okay to bad....the texture now is more like those meatballs you get in hotpots.
Am I the only one thinking the dim sum entree (the one you had last Fri) looks like those microwavable one you get from 7-11? lol It looks horrible! I now skip all breakfast meals on CX as they are always the same (dimsum, congee or frittata pretty much on any flights ex-HKG).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Am I the only one thinking the dim sum entree (the one you had last Fri) looks like those microwavable one you get from 7-11? lol It looks horrible! I now skip all breakfast meals on CX as they are always the same (dimsum, congee or frittata pretty much on any flights ex-HKG).
I was actually thinking the same thing!

It is that bad that you can tell by just the picture, without having to go through the horror of eating it! LOL

I complained a while back that the quality of the dim sum at the MNL lounge suffered the same fate.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by hikouki
I was actually thinking the same thing!

It is that bad that you can tell by just the picture, without having to go through the horror of eating it! LOL

I complained a while back that the quality of the dim sum at the MNL lounge suffered the same fate.
Never take the dimsum from MNL Lounge....I do suggest getting the garlic rice meal. Last Friday was fried milkfish fillet, would have been perfect if they served it with fried egg.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
they taste like it also!....
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Never take the dimsum from MNL Lounge....I do suggest getting the garlic rice meal. Last Friday was fried milkfish fillet, would have been perfect if they served it with fried egg.
The dim sum when they first opened was fantastic. The dim sum I had last April tasted like leftovers from when they first opened.

Your milkfish on rice meal looks good! Their corned beef on garlic rice is also very good (it's actually shreds of real beef, and not the yucky mincemeat common the the USA). Last time I was there, they did not have any of the former, but only the disgusting Filipino sausage with rice and egg.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by hikouki
The dim sum when they first opened was fantastic. The dim sum I had last April tasted like leftovers from when they first opened.

Your milkfish on rice meal looks good! Their corned beef on garlic rice is also very good (it's actually shreds of real beef, and not the yucky mincemeat common the the USA). Last time I was there, they did not have any of the former, but only the disgusting Filipino sausage with rice and egg.
Longganisa? It was nice...sweet and salty very Filipino hahaha
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:02 am

Soup served in a mug?

This is from CX289 on 3/8. I have never had soup in CX J. Is it a usual practice that they serve soup in a mug?

Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by brianho4489
This is from CX289 on 3/8. I have never had soup in CX J. Is it a usual practice that they serve soup in a mug?

This is a supper service. Assuming you chose the 'light meal' option with an entree-like salad, yes the soup that comes with it is served in a mug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.