Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX 77W to Australia (confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by QRC3288
unfortunately I probably cannot share much of this info here, but have sent you a PM.
Can you loop me in as well?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
unfortunately I probably cannot share much of this info here, but have sent you a PM.
Thanks for your info. Loading was relatively light last week and it was just my personal experience that most of the CX flights I've been taking were full flights.

And according to Aus106080, loading for HKG is 87%, highest in both "by country" and "by city", 5% lead over Singapore.
CX loading is 89.2% inbound and 89.8% outbound, also highest in all airlines flying to Australia.
No wonder I always felt crowded when flying CX

Maybe CX could upgrade A330s to 77W at peak season like QF does for HKG route, or maybe CX is waiting for Sydney's second airport to open in mid 2020s, or maybe CBR could have direct service.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Thanks for your info. Loading was relatively light last week and it was just my personal experience that most of the CX flights I've been taking were full flights.

And according to Aus106080, loading for HKG is 87%, highest in both "by country" and "by city", 5% lead over Singapore.
CX loading is 89.2% inbound and 89.8% outbound, also highest in all airlines flying to Australia.
No wonder I always felt crowded when flying CX

Maybe CX could upgrade A330s to 77W at peak season like QF does for HKG route, or maybe CX is waiting for Sydney's second airport to open in mid 2020s, or maybe CBR could have direct service.
Badgery's Creek Airport would take longer than mid 2020s to be built, based on how Aussies build infrastructures. I think within 2-3 years, CX will have all flights to SYD on 77W and completely full.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by kamchatsky
Badgery's Creek Airport would take longer than mid 2020s to be built, based on how Aussies build infrastructures. I think within 2-3 years, CX will have all flights to SYD on 77W and completely full.
So maybe CX does need A380s for SYD & MEL. It is also a good selling point for the Chinese market as they fancy anything large in size. I was walking down at the railway station at Hangzhou last week to pick up a friend of mine, it's like 1000 times the size of Sydney Central station, just the largest hall I've ever seen.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:59 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Ausriver
So maybe CX does need A380s for SYD & MEL. It is also a good selling point for the Chinese market as they fancy anything large in size. I was walking down at the railway station at Hangzhou last week to pick up a friend of mine, it's like 1000 times the size of Sydney Central station, just the largest hall I've ever seen.
To...carry transit passengers? Or redemption passsengers?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
To...carry transit passengers? Or redemption passsengers?
To carry the amount of pax (majority of them in Y), if CX doesn't feel like Australia need F, they could sell the F cabin as J same as QF does for their A380s. HKG - Australia was running at 90% loading in 2016 on average, all flights would be full during shoulder and peak season. It seems CX might replace most of the A333s to A359 and SYD will go 4 x 77W and 10 across to increase seats by about 10%. However, is that enough?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Why trash yield?

Keep control of load factors by controlling yield.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
time after time we come to this issue

being FULL doesnt mean PROFITABLE with good yield... flying full filled with transit from EU or fanfarr or ID or redemption pax does no good to yield. however having 3 flights but all good yield with even 80pct full, is more profitable no?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by fakecd
time after time we come to this issue

being FULL doesnt mean PROFITABLE with good yield... flying full filled with transit from EU or fanfarr or ID or redemption pax does no good to yield. however having 3 flights but all good yield with even 80pct full, is more profitable no?
...correct. Yield is the most important factor. Load factor is about finding the market price and filling your plane to capitalize on operating leverage, but is farther removed from profitability.

You can always be full if you want. Sell tickets for $1 each and I guarantee you 100% load factor every time. Full is not necessarily a relevant indicator.

Yield is the complete picture.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:49 pm

...correct. Yield is the most important factor. Load factor is about finding the market price and filling your plane to capitalize on operating leverage, but is farther removed from profitability.

You can always be full if you want. Sell tickets for $1 each and I guarantee you 100% load factor every time. Full is not necessarily a relevant indicator.

Yield is the complete picture.
But poor loading usually means poor yield (not always).
marginal cost for airline industry is very low.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe I missed something but I'm on CX101 tonight and surprised to walk into a 77H.

Sacrificing a lot of extra seats in Y compared to 77G so one would imagine this wasn't a last minute aircraft swap.

As a side note and random data point, the Pilot also delayed the aircraft by over 50mins to wait for about 30 connecting passengers coming in late from PEK. This was part of his welcome announcement.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by JeCCo
Maybe I missed something but I'm on CX101 tonight and surprised to walk into a 77H.

Sacrificing a lot of extra seats in Y compared to 77G so one would imagine this wasn't a last minute aircraft swap.

As a side note and random data point, the Pilot also delayed the aircraft by over 50mins to wait for about 30 connecting passengers coming in late from PEK. This was part of his welcome announcement.
How's the loading in Y and J respectively? Using 77H instead of 77G should means J is quite full
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
AOG? There is one 7G (QQ) on the ground right now.

Anyway, not surprised that they might be tight with frames as there are some extra services like FCO...

(All 7Hs in use except PE who went to XMN)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:54 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by JeCCo
Originally Posted by sscywong
How's the loading in Y and J respectively? Using 77H instead of 77G should means J is quite full
I won't be too surprised - for my weekend wedding run to SYD last weekend it was J and PE that was full, not Y - I saw that on EF and confirmed with SYD check in.

Lots of northern transit pax in J on the way in and Aus businessmen on the way out.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Not often to hear 77H to SYD. Either last minute change or really high loading for premium pax (seems to be the case?). I suppose the F seats are for elite J pax, and maybe some Y pax were upgraded to PEY due to the smaller Y cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.