Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,

^

Good News especially "dedicated lounge" as long as it isn't like the current setup.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...t-t4-2017-2014
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
^

Good News especially "dedicated lounge" as long as it isn't like the current setup.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...t-t4-2017-2014
oh finally....!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I was under the impression that Changi T4 is going to be for budget airlines - perhaps I am wrong?

In any case, I've been less fussed about the pathetic Skyview Lounge ever since the QF lounge got renovated.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:04 am

The current CX Lounge in T1 gives me a creepy sense of makeshift impermanence. Like the Chinese saying "sleeping on someone's corridor". Not a good feeling. Glad it'll be moving...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
The CX Singapore careers site see hiring for engineering staff. A sign of SIN becoming a focus city for CX with the move to T4?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
^

The existing lounge isn't a dedicated lounge ?, but, strangely, DM member benefit is applied. DM member can use this lounge with any airline. Personally, I used the lounge with my NH flight. CX Tokyo office also confirmed this DM benefit is appliced to CX's Singapore lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

While T1 is definitely sub-par for Changi, I for one am not impressed by the plans for 'transfers to other terminals via comfortable buses, both landside and airside'...besides that, the move can't come too soon -having suffered weekly through the mess that T1 was, during renovations a few years back.

I hardly ever transfer in SIN, but the convenient skytrains/ 'physically connected' design of T3-1-2 does make it convenient when I have to meet someone flying in/out of a different terminal from where I am.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Cx partly owns that lounge so dm can use ut whenever.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
So will other OW airlines move too? i thought they try to keep the alliance together...
Old May 1, 2014, 3:24 am

As it was said above, bit surprised by this actually because the T4 was supposed to be a budget terminal. If it was T5, that would make more sense.

Mysteries of the world!
Old May 1, 2014, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
The existing lounge isn't a dedicated lounge ?, but, strangely, DM member benefit is applied. DM member can use this lounge with any airline. Personally, I used the lounge with my NH flight. CX Tokyo office also confirmed this DM benefit is appliced to CX's Singapore lounge.
My point was that hopefully it won't have to be shared with the likes of Air Asia, China Airlines, Air China and other classy airlines, priority pass members etc

Good to be reminded about the DM benefit though. I had forgotten - not that I particularly want to spend even more time in sky view
Old May 2, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Why would CX move especially when QF has their fabulous lounge at T1? If CX is updates their Singapore lounge to be something like HK's then it makes sense otherwise, stick all OW carriers together in one terminal !
Old May 2, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by ermen
So will other OW airlines move too? i thought they try to keep the alliance together...
The oneworld members were all in T1 together until MH and QR joined.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
More news on CX's move to T4 - confirmation that a CX lounge for F and J will be opened.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...n=home-flipper

The shuttle bus to get over to the terminal sounds pretty off-putting tho.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Looks good, but I am still perplexed why a premium airline such as CX has decided to move to what is effectively to be the SIN budget airline terminal with the likes of substandard Lion Air, Tiger Air, Dog Air etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.